Cartridge bottom brackets

Old April 18th 17, 12:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B Slocomb

Default Cartridge bottom brackets

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 18:31:12 +1000, James
wrote:

On 18/04/17 13:29, John B Slocomb wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 08:26:53 +1000, James
wrote:

On 18/04/17 08:09, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:57:08 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
Snipped
"a lot" seems a considerable exaggeration. SirRidesABit more like.

--
JS

James likes to post bull**** comments. PLON!

Cheerio

DILLIGAF?

Dilligaf? Is that an Aussie word like "tinnie" or "roo" :-?

Acronym for "do I look like I give a ****".

One has to ask :-)
Old April 18th 17, 01:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

On 18/04/17 08:09, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:57:08 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
Snipped
"a lot" seems a considerable exaggeration. SirRidesABit more like.

--
JS

James likes to post bull**** comments. PLON!

Cheerio

DILLIGAF?

Dilligaf? Is that an Aussie word like "tinnie" or "roo" :-?

I had to look that up :
http://www.acronymfinder.com/DILLIGAF.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 18th 17, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin

John B Slocomb wrote in
:

wrote:

On 18/04/17 08:09, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:57:08 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
Snipped
"a lot" seems a considerable exaggeration. SirRidesABit more like.

--
JS

James likes to post bull**** comments. PLON!

Cheerio

DILLIGAF?

Dilligaf? Is that an Aussie word like "tinnie" or "roo" :-?

Acronym for "do I look like I give a ****".

One has to ask :-)

That depends on your upbringing. I misspent my yout' in the Canadian army,
so I learned of "DILLIGAF" early on.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old April 19th 17, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 3:09:08 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:57:08 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
Snipped
"a lot" seems a considerable exaggeration. SirRidesABit more like.

--
JS

James likes to post bull**** comments. PLON!

Until this year my normal riding week was a minimum of 150 miles. We have had a lot of rain, I have had a crash or two and I have had to escort my older brother to the eye doctor every other day for several months and now I am having eye surgery. But I'll soon be back in the saddle.

No matter who you are there are ALWAYS others that ride more than you do every week or year. Some Italian that rides 10,000 miles per year when they have long and hard winters certainly made my 10,000 miles a year look like a breeze.
Old April 19th 17, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 9:21:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 3:09:08 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:57:08 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
Snipped
"a lot" seems a considerable exaggeration. SirRidesABit more like.

--
JS

James likes to post bull**** comments. PLON!

Until this year my normal riding week was a minimum of 150 miles. We have had a lot of rain, I have had a crash or two and I have had to escort my older brother to the eye doctor every other day for several months and now I am having eye surgery. But I'll soon be back in the saddle.

No matter who you are there are ALWAYS others that ride more than you do every week or year. Some Italian that rides 10,000 miles per year when they have long and hard winters certainly made my 10,000 miles a year look like a breeze.

Racking up miles can become neurotic or compulsive behavior, particularly for a non-racer. It's like Rain Man on a bike.

Listening to current racers and reading the Velo News articles, the notion that riding zillions of miles will make you fast isn't true. In the '70s, that was training. More miles! It's a lot more scientific now, although some of my son's cohorts still rack up big miles.

Speaking of my son, he was in a race last week near Salt Lake -- sort of an ordinary road race with a lot of categories and a fair-sized total pack. It certainly wasn't a big regional race. Anyway, Utah has a pro team, Canyon -- a bike shop team (not the bike maker) that signed former superstar and blood-doper Francisco Mancebo. So Francisco was there. Gawd, how depressing to be some former Eurostar riding for a bike shop team in a 60-70 mile local race. I think I would quit and get a regular job.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old April 19th 17, 08:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 10:52:40 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Jay, very often these kids (I'm 72 - Mancebo is a kid) have little to no education. While some take naturally to learning others do not. This may be the most money he can make.

And no matter how scientific you get the greater part of training is miles.
Old April 19th 17, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/19/2017 1:52 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Vaguely related to big miles for training: We saw the movie _My Italian
Secret: The Forgotten Heroes_ about World War 2 Italians who risked
their lives and reputations to save the lives of Jews in their
communities.

Prominent among the heroes was Gino Bartali, Tour de France winner, who
used his big training miles to hide his role as a courier for this
resistance movement. Not a bad movie.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 20th 17, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 1:37:00 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

Indeed, Gino was someone that came very close to being caught several times.. He would carry communications on the movements of the Jews in a tube in his seatpost. Lucky thing that most people rode old clunkers that made all sorts of noises and the Fascists didn't notice the extra noises.
Old April 24th 17, 08:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Robert Latest

John B wrote:
The UN-26 seems to be the cheaper version and is quite common in shops
here while the UN-55 is somewhat rare, probably due to price. But if
the UN-55 lasts (for example) five years while the UN-26 only lasts
two years it is probably worth searching out the higher priced
version.

Both will last more like 20 years in my experience. I've never had one
break. I prefer the 55 for reasons of aesthetics.

robert
Old April 24th 17, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 4/24/2017 2:20 PM, Robert Latest wrote:
John B wrote:
The UN-26 seems to be the cheaper version and is quite common in shops
here while the UN-55 is somewhat rare, probably due to price. But if
the UN-55 lasts (for example) five years while the UN-26 only lasts
two years it is probably worth searching out the higher priced
version.

Both will last more like 20 years in my experience. I've never had one
break. I prefer the 55 for reasons of aesthetics.

In that case, you should have used the Campagnolo ACH111:

https://www.craigslist.org/about/bes...212946173.html