weighty question

Old March 14th 05, 12:33 AM
Tom Sherman

Leonard & Peggy Brown wrote:

"Peter Cole" wrote in message
ups.com...

Leonard & Peggy Brown wrote:

Before the 90's, large frames were in fashion. It was not uncommon

see people on bikes where the saddle was nearly on the toptube. As

near 7-footer myself (6'10"), I've ridden several of these old

frames.

The 27"/68cm size that was so common years ago is virtually unknown

in

new frames today.

My flea market $25 special is a 27 inch Puget and it had the

handlebars way

up and the seat was about 8 inches off the post. A truly tall person

rode

this. With the seat sitting on the toptube it is just a little big

for my

6'1" self.

Back in the 70's, my 5'10" friend rode a 27" Peugeot while I rode a 25"
Raleigh. I think it's funny to hear people obsess today over 1 cm
differences in frame size.

a 5'10 human on a 27" Peugeot! If this is a male human he was taking some
chances on losing valuable possessions if he had to stop suddenly!

When I was 5'10", I was riding a 21" Peugeot.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Illinois)

Old March 18th 05, 05:06 AM
Mike Kruger

Tom Sherman wrote:
Leonard & Peggy Brown wrote:

My flea market $25 special is a 27 inch Puget...

Is this a cheap copy of a Peugeot?

No. The Puget is a very Sound bike