Wanted: Replacement Hayes MX2 mechanism

Old October 10th 09, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
al Mossah[_2_]

Default Wanted: Replacement Hayes MX2 mechanism

The locking grub-screw of the rear disc brake mechanism of my ATB has
rounded off, and won't allow me to adjust the static disc in or out.
I can
1. try drilling out the screw and re-threading
2. get a new mechanism.

I'm trying option 1 at the moment, which is proving difficult due to
the hardness of the steel of the screw. So I wonder if anyone has a
source of a spare MX2 mechanism.
Old October 10th 09, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

http://tinyurl.com/yk4d7md
Old October 10th 09, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
al Mossah[_2_]

On 10 Oct, 20:52, Marc wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/yk4d7md

Thanks. Now maybe give me some real help and tell me which of the
2500 hits is actually offering spares for sale.....?
Old October 10th 09, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

al Mossah wrote:
On 10 Oct, 20:52, Marc wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/yk4d7md

Thanks. Now maybe give me some real help and tell me which of the
2500 hits is actually offering spares for sale.....?

In the time you wasted asking me you could have filtered them using....

I could have as well, but I wasted the time here , replying to you.
Old October 11th 09, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
al Mossah[_2_]

On 10 Oct, 22:17, Marc wrote:
al Mossah wrote:
On 10 Oct, 20:52, Marc wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/yk4d7md

Thanks. *Now maybe give me some real help and tell me which of the
2500 hits is actually offering spares for sale.....?

* In the time you wasted asking me you could have filtered them using.....

I could have as well, but I wasted the time here , replying to you.

Look, I have been through several dozen of the hits; none appear to
offer the units as spares. So it was a simple question, hoping that
maybe someone helpful (someone else, obviously) could save me some
trouble. That's what helpful people do. If you don't want to help,
go and get on your bike and enjoy the autumn weather; I'll keep
drilling. In the meantime, if anyone knows of a shop selling these,
would they mind posting here?

Thanks