Is Mikael from Denmark still here?

Old November 17th 04, 12:00 AM
Joshua Goldberg

Default Is Mikael from Denmark still here?

I need a source for a bag that looks like a duffle bag that fits on the side
of a SWB, no idea who makes them other than the country of origin in the
Netherlands...anyone know?

Old November 17th 04, 12:35 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:00:55 -0500, "Joshua Goldberg"
wrote in message
:

I need a source for a bag that looks like a duffle bag that fits on the side
of a SWB, no idea who makes them other than the country of origin in the
Netherlands...anyone know?

Maybe from Radical? http://www.radicaldesign.nl/en/start_en.html

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old November 17th 04, 10:11 AM
Peter Clinch

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

I need a source for a bag that looks like a duffle bag that fits on the side
of a SWB, no idea who makes them other than the country of origin in the
Netherlands...anyone know?

Maybe from Radical? http://www.radicaldesign.nl/en/start_en.html

Roos has a pair (see the pics on
http://www.personal.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/tdn1.htm for example), but
note "pair". Unlike normal panniers they won't work alone. and you need
to hang two at once, at least as supplied (obviously this is
preferable with any sort of heavy load!).

She used them on tour for which they were very good indeed, but for day
to day use they're a bit of a faff to mount and remove, certainly
compared to my Ortliebs, and for day tours on the 'bent we'll both use a
single conventional pannier mounting on the rear rack.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old November 17th 04, 04:34 PM
Christopher Jordan

Mikael; recently seen at BROL/Specialty/Velomobiles- discussing
his Allweder velomobile/

Chris Jordan
Santa Cruz, CA.

Old November 24th 04, 09:19 AM
Torben Scheel

Joshua Goldberg wrote:
I need a source for a bag that looks like a duffle bag that fits on
the side of a SWB, no idea who makes them other than the country of
origin in the Netherlands...anyone know?

I'm Danish - err - from Denmark, but I'm not Mikael. I got a nice set of
RadicalDesign Panniers size M, which I'm very happy with. Dunno if they'll
handle "Bigger is Better" mentality, though.

Regards,
Torben

Old November 24th 04, 11:43 AM
Peter Clinch

Torben Scheel wrote:

I'm Danish - err - from Denmark, but I'm not Mikael. I got a nice set of
RadicalDesign Panniers size M, which I'm very happy with. Dunno if they'll
handle "Bigger is Better" mentality, though.

Well, if you want Bigger Is Better you could get size L, which are
/huge/! Though note that the big ones may well be too large for
semi-low or low designs, unless you're planning a tour without any bends...

The Ms (55l the pair IIRC) fit on Roos' semi-low Nazca Fiero without any
grounding problems, including some pretty "interesting" off-road. The
standard models assume a rack, though they do a set designed purely to
hang from hardshell seats.

Pete.