A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 26th 12, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,115
Default Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands

Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310

Enjoy

Ads
  #2  
Old May 26th 12, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,703
Default Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:
Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310

Enjoy



Should have pepper sprayed him.

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
legitimate mode of transport; it is either a toy for children or a
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton - Lancaster
University
  #3  
Old May 26th 12, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,976
Default Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands

On 26/05/2012 10:09, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:


Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310
Enjoy


Should have pepper sprayed him.


There is nothing in that video to suggest that the arrest was made for "going
the wrong way".

It could just as easily have been a drugs arrest or an "assault police" and
nothing to do with the bike.
  #4  
Old May 26th 12, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,703
Default Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands

On 26/05/2012 10:41, JNugent wrote:
On 26/05/2012 10:09, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:


Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310
Enjoy


Should have pepper sprayed him.


There is nothing in that video to suggest that the arrest was made for
"going the wrong way".

It could just as easily have been a drugs arrest or an "assault police"
and nothing to do with the bike.


The poster clearly has an agenda;
----------------------------
Police brutality in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This Italian tourist dared to cycle in the wrong direction, on his bike.
Apparently enough reason for Dutch authorities to roughen him up a bit...

Dutch police are well known to ignore true crimes, to prevent dangerous
situations for themselves. Instead, they mostly harass citizens for
speeding or minor offenses like this.

Being one of the smallest countries in the world, The Netherlands is
also known to have the lowest respect for privacy and the world's
highest number of phone taps by the government.


--
Dave - Cyclists VOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
legitimate mode of transport; it is either a toy for children or a
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton - Lancaster
University
  #5  
Old May 26th 12, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,976
Default Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands

On 26/05/2012 10:48, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
On 26/05/2012 10:41, JNugent wrote:
On 26/05/2012 10:09, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:


Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310
Enjoy


Should have pepper sprayed him.


There is nothing in that video to suggest that the arrest was made for
"going the wrong way".

It could just as easily have been a drugs arrest or an "assault police"
and nothing to do with the bike.


The poster clearly has an agenda;
----------------------------
Police brutality in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This Italian tourist dared to cycle in the wrong direction, on his bike.
Apparently enough reason for Dutch authorities to roughen him up a bit...

Dutch police are well known to ignore true crimes, to prevent dangerous
situations for themselves. Instead, they mostly harass citizens for speeding
or minor offenses like this.

Being one of the smallest countries in the world, The Netherlands is also
known to have the lowest respect for privacy and the world's highest number
of phone taps by the government.


No, no, no... that's the blurb claimed by the person who posted the video.
That doesn't mean it's true.

None of it is supported by anything seen in the video.

AFAICS, it's just as likely that the arrest was for heroin-possession.

Who was the highly-vocal woman speaking English with a Spanish (or maybe
Latin American) accent?

  #6  
Old May 26th 12, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,958
Default Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands

On Sat, 26 May 2012 10:09:20 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:
Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310

Enjoy



Should have pepper sprayed him.


Asaulting a policeman by pepper spraying him would be a far more
serious offence than cycling the wrong way down a one-way contra flow.
But I suppose you'd enjoy seeing a cycling in really serious trouble.
  #7  
Old May 26th 12, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,958
Default Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands

On Sat, 26 May 2012 10:57:32 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 26/05/2012 10:48, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
On 26/05/2012 10:41, JNugent wrote:
On 26/05/2012 10:09, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:

Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310
Enjoy

Should have pepper sprayed him.

There is nothing in that video to suggest that the arrest was made for
"going the wrong way".

It could just as easily have been a drugs arrest or an "assault police"
and nothing to do with the bike.


The poster clearly has an agenda;
----------------------------
Police brutality in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This Italian tourist dared to cycle in the wrong direction, on his bike.
Apparently enough reason for Dutch authorities to roughen him up a bit...

Dutch police are well known to ignore true crimes, to prevent dangerous
situations for themselves. Instead, they mostly harass citizens for speeding
or minor offenses like this.

Being one of the smallest countries in the world, The Netherlands is also
known to have the lowest respect for privacy and the world's highest number
of phone taps by the government.


No, no, no... that's the blurb claimed by the person who posted the video.
That doesn't mean it's true.

None of it is supported by anything seen in the video.


The commentary of the bystander is a first hand account.

AFAICS, it's just as likely that the arrest was for heroin-possession.

Who was the highly-vocal woman speaking English with a Spanish (or maybe
Latin American) accent?


While there is evidence to suggest that the cyclist was being arrested
for cycling contra flow on a one-way street, there is no evidence to
suggest it was a drugs arrest.
  #8  
Old May 26th 12, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,703
Default Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands

On 26/05/2012 10:57, JNugent wrote:
On 26/05/2012 10:48, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
On 26/05/2012 10:41, JNugent wrote:
On 26/05/2012 10:09, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:

Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310
Enjoy

Should have pepper sprayed him.

There is nothing in that video to suggest that the arrest was made for
"going the wrong way".

It could just as easily have been a drugs arrest or an "assault police"
and nothing to do with the bike.


The poster clearly has an agenda;
----------------------------
Police brutality in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This Italian tourist dared to cycle in the wrong direction, on his bike.
Apparently enough reason for Dutch authorities to roughen him up a bit...

Dutch police are well known to ignore true crimes, to prevent dangerous
situations for themselves. Instead, they mostly harass citizens for
speeding
or minor offenses like this.

Being one of the smallest countries in the world, The Netherlands is also
known to have the lowest respect for privacy and the world's highest
number
of phone taps by the government.


No, no, no... that's the blurb claimed by the person who posted the
video. That doesn't mean it's true.


That's what I said didn't I? "The poster"? Thats what I meant anyway.


None of it is supported by anything seen in the video.

AFAICS, it's just as likely that the arrest was for heroin-possession.

Who was the highly-vocal woman speaking English with a Spanish (or maybe
Latin American) accent?



--
Dave - Cyclists VOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
legitimate mode of transport; it is either a toy for children or a
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton - Lancaster
University
  #9  
Old May 26th 12, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,976
Default Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands

On 26/05/2012 12:30, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sat, 26 May 2012 10:09:20 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:
Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310

Enjoy



Should have pepper sprayed him.


Asaulting a policeman by pepper spraying him would be a far more
serious offence than cycling the wrong way down a one-way contra flow.
But I suppose you'd enjoy seeing a cycling in really serious trouble.


The bike is a mere stage-setting prop in the drama.

That wasn't an arrest for going the wrong way.

  #10  
Old May 26th 12, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,703
Default Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands

On 26/05/2012 12:30, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sat, 26 May 2012 10:09:20 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:
Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310

Enjoy



Should have pepper sprayed him.


Asaulting (sic) a policeman by pepper spraying him would be a far more
serious offence than cycling the wrong way down a one-way contra flow.
But I suppose you'd enjoy seeing a cycling in really serious trouble.


I'd rather see a 'cyclist' in really serious trouble.

Are you really a teacher?

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
legitimate mode of transport; it is either a toy for children or a
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton - Lancaster
University
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The pleasures of illegal cycling Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_] UK 37 June 2nd 09 03:58 PM
Pacific Northwest cycling compared to Netherlands smn General 0 September 15th 07 11:00 PM
Back from Terrific Cycling Holiday in Netherlands Elisa Francesca Roselli General 5 June 15th 05 04:15 PM
Good Cycling Luggage to Buy in Netherlands? Elisa Francesca Roselli General 2 April 4th 05 12:44 PM
Good Cycling Luggage to Buy in Netherlands? Elisa Francesca Roselli UK 2 April 4th 05 12:44 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.