Poit about to break a record

Old June 19th 10, 08:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Poit about to break a record

On 19/06/2010 4:43 PM, Peter McCallum wrote:
On Jun 19, 3:03 pm, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:
On 19/06/2010 10:48 AM, Peter wrote:

wrote:

On Jun 15, 11:28 pm, wrote:
Geelong's well in his rearview mirrors now - he's at Bairnsdale.

http://trackleaders.com/aroundozi.php?name=Peter_Heal

226km to go at about 11am. That puts him at the Sydie Harbour Bridge
about 8pm or so at the speed he's pedalling. Get down there with your
streamers all you Sydneysiders, or just get out on the road and wave and
cheer as he goes past your place!

I was gonna ask yer about it but you beat me to it. Thanks for the ETA,
Peter.

Is there gonna be a guard of honour to accompany the man up the Princes
Hwy?

I think that is assistance. He's requested that people only wave as he
goes past, you could follow him I suppose.

Fair enuff! So where is the end point?

I've got my Repco MTB fixed (flat tyre again!!!) and I am thinking of
heading into the city to get some dinner - I am willing to travel a bit
for good food, you see. After dinner, I am quite happy to add to the
numbers if I only knew where Poit is gonna be.
Old June 19th 10, 10:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Patrick Keogh

wrote:

On Jun 15, 11:28 pm, wrote:
[...]

Well if he does make it to Sydney tonight it will be rather late...
still got 80km to go and there are a couple of climbs in that.
Old June 19th 10, 11:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

Patrick Keogh wrote:

Well if he does make it to Sydney tonight it will be rather late...
still got 80km to go and there are a couple of climbs in that.

You're right. He didn't make it to the harbour bridge till 11:37pm.
Awesome effort.

Peter
Old June 20th 10, 07:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 20/06/2010 8:07 AM, Peter wrote:
Patrick wrote:

Well if he does make it to Sydney tonight it will be rather late...
still got 80km to go and there are a couple of climbs in that.

You're right. He didn't make it to the harbour bridge till 11:37pm.
Awesome effort.

An awesome effort indeed. Sorry I didn't make it into the city but never
mind, I am sure there were others who would have conraulated Poit on an
incredible feat of cycling.
Old June 24th 10, 08:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

An awesome effort indeed. Sorry I didn't make it into the city but
never mind, I am sure there were others who would have conraulated
Poit on an incredible feat of cycling.

Here's a great little article by Neil Irvine on Poit's ride.
http://www.sydneycyclist.com/profile...ource=activity
Old June 24th 10, 08:09 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 24/06/2010 5:41 PM, Peter wrote:
Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

An awesome effort indeed. Sorry I didn't make it into the city but
never mind, I am sure there were others who would have conraulated
Poit on an incredible feat of cycling.

Here's a great little article by Neil Irvine on Poit's ride.
http://www.sydneycyclist.com/profile...ource=activity

Nucking Futs he is And here I am complaining about banged up ribs and
me bike computer.