Newsgroup Chain Lube opinions -

Old August 8th 11, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

Default Newsgroup Chain Lube opinions -

On 8/7/2011 11:50 PM, Postman Delivers wrote:
I ride alone early morning before begging my day during the week, and
ride with a group on Sundays. There is a discussion about good Chain
Lubricants with the Sunday group...

I have been using T-9 after every ride (wiping chain down after
application), and cleaning the chain monthly and lubing well afterward.
(Vegas dust/sand kills chains)
http://boeshield.com/

I understand there is a formula for Chain Lube that was popular in this
newsgroup a while back: 3 parts odorless mineral spirits and 1 part
synthetic motor oil like Mobil One.

I pretty much just use the motor oil.

Or how about these products to keep your chain like new?

White Lightning, Pro-Link, or Squirt?

The first 2 didn't, and the first one didn't last very long, I bought it
for the woods, but it was a PITA to apply to a cold chain and didn't
stop salt corrosion for crap and built up gummy bears on the derailer
wheels -- other than that it was great.

Pro-link is expensive and stinks, but for some reason I used it for a
long time. Don't miss it.

The only thing I've found for "like new" chains is to ride infrequently
in dry conditions and store bikes indoors. I prefer cheap chains, no
cleaning, lube with oil and swap out conservatively.

http://www.whitelightningco.com/

http://www.progoldmfr.com/?p=product...olinkchainlube

http://www.squirtlube.com/

JR the postman

Old August 9th 11, 01:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert[_4_]

On 8/8/2011 4:25 PM, Peter Cole wrote:
On 8/7/2011 11:50 PM, Postman Delivers wrote:
I ride alone early morning before begging my day during the week, and
ride with a group on Sundays. There is a discussion about good Chain
Lubricants with the Sunday group...

I have been using T-9 after every ride (wiping chain down after
application), and cleaning the chain monthly and lubing well afterward.
(Vegas dust/sand kills chains)
http://boeshield.com/

I do about what you do as far as wipe down after rides and cleaning
regimen. I use Finish Line Dry normally or Phil Woods Tenacious when
it's wet. Usually after the Phil Woods I clean the chain again once the
conditions dry out. Seems to be increasing life of my 10 speed shimano.

Newsgroup Chain Lube opinions - Dan Techniques 0 August 8th 11 05:02 PM
new chain... lube? kc Techniques 87 October 15th 08 04:46 AM
New chain... Need to lube? Artoi Techniques 25 January 14th 07 08:07 PM
chain lube Mark-T General 8 February 15th 06 09:37 PM