'...a honk and a wave!...'

Old October 13th 05, 02:55 PM
Hell and High Water

Default '...a honk and a wave!...'

Thought I'd share this touching story with you this morning.

I was riding south in the right of two southbound lanes early this
morning when a nice gentleman in a large truck drove by me.

He was extremely close and honked as he went by.

I could only interpret this as meaning one thing:

HE WAS A HUGE BIANCHI FAN!!

FORZA BIANCHI!!

FORZA DANILO!!!

How exciting to find another Bianchi fan here in Arlington, Texas of all
places!!

He was probably so close so he could get a good, close look at my
beautiful red BIANCHI!! And of course he had to honk, as if to say 'I'M
RIGHT THERE WITH 'YA, FELLOW BIANCHI FAN!!'

So I gave him a HUGE SMILE and a FRIENDLY WAVE, to say back: 'WE'RE IN
THIS TOGETHER MY NEW FRIEND AND FELLOW DANILO DiLUCA FAN!!'

He started gesturing wildly, which could only mean one thing: HE WAS AS
EXCITED ABOUT FINDING A FELLOW BIANCHI FAN AS I WAS!!!

HOW EXCITING!!

I continued my friendly wave as he seemed to be gesturing 'YOU GO BOY!!
YOU!! OVER IN THE RIGHT LANE!! GO!!!!'

How unexpectedly NICE!! To have such hearty encouragement so early in
the morning.

Amazingly, he was quickly stopped at a traffic light just ahead. I
RACED to catch up to him and share our most exciting 'DANILO' moment.

Was it the pink jerseys during the Giro? The day he locked the UCI Pro
Tour Points lead??

I couldn't WAIT to talk to my new found friend!

Unfortunately, he seemed to be in an incredible hurry. As soon as I got
even CLOSE to him, he took off through the red light and zoomed off.

I knew exactly how he felt. I too couldn't WAIT to get home and check
www.cyclingnews.com to see if there was anything new on Danilo racing in
Lombardy....

So we both rushed off to hit the web and find the latest on our hero.

Just thought that was a sweet and touching story of two unlikely friends
brought together by the simple love of the bicycle.

Hope you enjoyed it!

-Bianchi Bob
Old October 13th 05, 03:12 PM
Rich

Hell and High Water wrote:

Hope you enjoyed it!

A most excellent story. Thanks for sharing.

Rich
Old October 13th 05, 03:40 PM
DrLith

Hell and High Water wrote:

He was probably so close so he could get a good, close look at my
beautiful red BIANCHI!! And of course he had to honk, as if to say 'I'M
RIGHT THERE WITH 'YA, FELLOW BIANCHI FAN!!'

Nah, he's probably thinking "they make Treks in red, goober. It's only a
real bianchi if it's celeste."

:-)
Old October 13th 05, 05:29 PM
DrLith

DrLith wrote:
Hell and High Water wrote:

He was probably so close so he could get a good, close look at my
beautiful red BIANCHI!! And of course he had to honk, as if to say
'I'M RIGHT THERE WITH 'YA, FELLOW BIANCHI FAN!!'

Nah, he's probably thinking "they make Treks in red, goober. It's only a
real bianchi if it's celeste."

:-)

BTW, Bianchi Bob, just in case you didn't catch the smiley, I don't mean
to imply that *I* think you're a goober.
Old October 13th 05, 05:53 PM
wafflycat

"Hell and High Water" wrote in message
.net...
Thought I'd share this touching story with you this morning.

Excellent. I occasionally come upon Bianchi fans in a similar way on this
side of the pond.

Cheers, helen s

Old October 13th 05, 05:54 PM
wafflycat

"DrLith" wrote in message
Hell and High Water wrote:

He was probably so close so he could get a good, close look at my
beautiful red BIANCHI!! And of course he had to honk, as if to say 'I'M
RIGHT THERE WITH 'YA, FELLOW BIANCHI FAN!!'

Nah, he's probably thinking "they make Treks in red, goober. It's only a
real bianchi if it's celeste."

:-)

Of course, both my Bianchis are Celeste in hue.

Cheers, helen s

Old October 13th 05, 08:08 PM
Eric Babula

"wafflycat" waffles*$*A**T*v21net$*££*D*O*T*co*D£$£*O*T*uk wrote in
:

"Hell and High Water" wrote in message
.net...
Thought I'd share this touching story with you this morning.

Excellent. I occasionally come upon Bianchi fans in a similar way
on this side of the pond.

Cheers, helen s

Funny! I've come across a number of female Trek 800 fans in kind of a
similar fashion!!!

They roll down their passenger-side window and yell, "Get the f#@k off
the road!" Of course, I can only imagine that they're hoping to stop and
ask me for a date (cuz I don't know any famous Trek 800 racers).

But, their boyfriend just speeds off before the conversation can
continue between her and me. Oh, well...

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old October 14th 05, 07:06 AM
Bob

Eric Babula wrote:

Funny! I've come across a number of female Trek 800 fans in kind of a
similar fashion!!!

They roll down their passenger-side window and yell, "Get the f#@k off
the road!" Of course, I can only imagine that they're hoping to stop and
ask me for a date (cuz I don't know any famous Trek 800 racers).

There was that one guy, Derek Bubala or something like that. ;-)

Regards,
Bob Hunt