polar solutions

Old October 6th 05, 02:04 AM
Laz

Default polar solutions

I am using a polar s720i hrm; but I am disappointed at the short range
limitations of their speed and even the cadence sensor (which is a bit
better). I would like to mount the speed sensor on my rear wheel to record
data from sessions on my trainer as weather gets unfavorable. are there any
aftermarket sensors compatible with polar that will provide the extended
range I am looking for ?

Thank you in advance

Laz

Old October 6th 05, 02:21 AM
Ryan Fisher

when will people realize that speed/distance measured on a trainer/rollers
has little to no correlation to the real world. cadence, power, and HR are
the only things worth measuring on an indoor trainer (and even power isnt
really a good correlation). otherwise youll be very dissappointed when
spring rolls around and you cant maintain that 43mph average you had going
on the trainer.

Old October 6th 05, 08:42 AM
HBJensen

"Laz" wrote in message
I am using a polar s720i hrm; but I am disappointed at the short range
limitations of their speed and even the cadence sensor (which is a bit
better). I would like to mount the speed sensor on my rear wheel to record
data from sessions on my trainer as weather gets unfavorable. are there
any
aftermarket sensors compatible with polar that will provide the extended
range I am looking for ?

Thank you in advance

Laz

Hey

You can open both the cadence- and the speedsensor and move the jumper to
increase the sensors range. Default is set at the lowest range, so all you
have to do is move the jumper. I don't remember which pin is the default,
but there are 3 pins to attach to, and if your jumper is on the jumper on
the left, simply move it to cover the one on the right.

I beleive Polar has a "how-to" on their website www.polar.fi

Have fun

HB

Old October 6th 05, 09:09 AM
Jason Spaceman

HBJensen wrote:

"Laz" wrote in message
[...]

There are instructions on boosting the speed and cadence sensors' signal
strength at
http://www.pursuit-performance.com.a...d_cadence.html

It's just a matter of moving the jumper around.

Warning, doing so may void the warranty.

J. Spaceman

--
My email address ) is fake. Email sent to it
will only get caught in my spam tarpit.
Old October 6th 05, 09:23 AM
Jason Spaceman

Also see
http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/news/ar...98264342380256
as that site has step-by-step instructions with big, clear pictures you can
click on to get a close up look at the internals of the sensor.

J. Spaceman

Old October 6th 05, 03:04 PM
Laz

"HBJensen" wrote in message
k...

"Laz" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you very much

Laz

Old October 6th 05, 03:04 PM
Laz

"Jason Spaceman" wrote in message
Also see

http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/news/ar...98264342380256
as that site has step-by-step instructions with big, clear pictures you

can
click on to get a close up look at the internals of the sensor.

J. Spaceman

--
My email address ) is fake. Email sent

to it
will only get caught in my spam tarpit.

Thank you Jason

Laz

Question how Polar 7xx records ride Time & Avg. Speed GaryG Techniques 3 December 2nd 03 04:16 PM
polar IR interface Nimrod Racing 1 August 2nd 03 03:59 PM
Polar HRMs Willowbeauty UK 2 July 22nd 03 12:39 PM
Anyone using a Polar monitor with a none Polar USB IrDA interface? iddqdATworldonline.dk Mountain Biking 4 July 15th 03 02:18 PM