Helmet camera captures moment cyclist smashes into car and goesflying after driver pulls into her path

Old March 12th 20, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Helmet camera captures moment cyclist smashes into car and goesflying after driver pulls into her path

QUOTE:
This is the shocking moment a driver hit a cyclist after pulling out in front of the rider on a main road.

Helmet camera footage shows the bicycle pass traffic in the cycle lane in Leeds, West Yorkshire.

Suddenly a motorist pulls out through a gap in cars and crashes into the cyclist, throwing her to the ground.

Video shows the concerned driver stop before running over to the woman to check if she's okay. Footage shows how the cyclist passes traffic in the cycle lane; in between standstill vehicles, a car pulls out in front of her and knocks her to the ground.

The cyclist, who today shared the February 25 incident, said of the accident: '[I was] cycling down Abbey Road, Kirkstall when a car slipped through a gap in traffic onto the wrong side of the road at a junction. 'I landed to the left and he came out to check on me. A lot of other people got out of their cars to help too.

'The handlebars of my bike had twisted to one side and the mudguards were bent into the tyres.

'Another cyclist straightened it up for me while I spoke with witnesses and the driver of the car.

'I walked home as I lived very close to where the collision happened, then got an expensive Uber to work.

'The next morning I felt pretty terrible so went to A+E to make sure I hadn't walked off with any fractures, but I am fine, [I was] just very bruised.

'The driver of the car was very nice and apologetic. He was very shaken by the whole thing.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...car-Leeds.html