You too envy Europe?

Old June 10th 16, 07:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

Default You too envy Europe?

On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 07:09:28 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Humble Philosopher" wrote:

On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 5:05:24 AM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 22:31:13 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Humble Philosopher" wrote:
In one word, the alternative is: The Netherlands. Not only because of cycling but because of tolerance.

The Netherlands? tolerance? don't be silly. the Dutch are no different
than any other race of people. Some are tolerant and some are not.

But for official Dutch tolerance you might visit Indonesia. There are
still people there who can remember the Dutch. Ask them about Dutch
tolerance.

Discussing the Dutch as colonial power is beyond the scope of this discussion. Everybody wants to be in the European Union to reap the fruits of civilization.

We weren't discussing the Dutch as a colonial power but we were
discussing their intolerance, which was exhibited by not only the VOC
but equally by their individual acts.

As for Dutch tolerance at home:

The director of EduDivers, the Dutch expertise centre on schools and
sexual diversity has criticized the myth of Dutch tolerance in a blog
on the US website: "Not in our town". He analyzes that Dutch tolerance
is not more than a disinterested tolerance "at a distance" and calls
for a rethinking of how to promote basic competences and social
structures to become more tolerant at a distance "nearby".

The Dutch display remarkable tolerance for bicyclists, prostitutes and drugs. That's what we care about.

The Dutch don't "tolerate" bicycles it is a necessity.

Amsterdam, for example, has 4,457 inhabitants per km2 and 2,275 houses
per km2. Parks and nature reserves make up 12% of Amsterdam's land
area. There are one hundred kilometres (60 miles) of canals, most of
which are navigable by boat. The city also includes some 90 islands,
which are linked by more than 1,200 bridges.

Where would you build the roads?

Prostitution isn't tolerated per se, it is a legal occupation in
Holland and is regulated and controlled by the government.

Drugs tolerated? Not so, The Dutch do differentiate between hard and
soft drugs and importing and exporting of any classified drug is a
serious offence and the penalty can run up to 12 to 16 years if it is
hard drugs and 4 years for import or export of large quantities of
cannabis.

It is prohibited to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence
of any drug that affects driving ability. The Dutch police have the
right to do a drug test if they suspect influenced driving. For
example, anybody involved in a traffic accident may be tested.

Causing an accident that inflicts bodily harm, while under influence
of any drug, is seen as a crime that may be punished by up to 3 years
in prison (9 years in case of a fatal accident). Suspension of driving
license is also normal in such a

FREEDOM OF MOBILITY is more important than the right to bear arms. In any case, Iraq is a better model of the latter.

What ever are you talking about "freedom of mobility". Do you mean the
freedom to drive up to Daytona Beach? The freedom to hitchhike across
the U.S.? Maybe the freedom to just get up and leave? Move to
Ethiopia?

Freedom to ride a bike in one's community at least. "Buy Locally, Bike Locally."

Still I see the poor in India moving around in trains and buses. You don't need a car to be free.

As for bearing arms, the U.S. is probably the best example of the
freedom to bear arms. There are very few countries in the world that
actually issue a permit to carry a concealed firearm, while all U.S.
states now do so, I believe.
--
cheers,

John B.

A totally irrelevant freedom. Canada is very intolerant of guns, as a result people feel freer. People don't need to live in gated communities.

How would you know? Do you live in Canada? Maybe grew up there?

I grew up in a small town in New Hampshire where there was essentially
no gun laws. I can't remember feeling free, or not free for that
matter. I've lived in Singapore where the penalty for illegal
possession of a firearm is hanging. I don't remember feeling free or
not free while living there.

Gated communities is the result of freedom in America. ?

You are a silly fellow aren't you. Gated communities are a result of
ineffective laws and ineffective law control.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 10th 16, 07:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 12:51:21 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Humble Philosopher" wrote:

On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 12:35:51 PM UTC-4, NC Judge Sam Ervin iv, Chamberpot of Corruption wrote:
On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 2:15:50 AM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
Everytime you watch those 'Travels with Steve,' you see all those lazy Europeans living the good life.

But that will soon end because --according to Trump-- they'll be forced to pay for their own defense.

Say 'au revoir' to all those crowded plazas, fast efficient trains and safe streets. It's time to go to war.

-------------------------------------

"Life's cheap, profits are sacred"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Gorgeous Danish journalist, Iben Thranholm, scorns European men. She says they are feminine, prissy, soft, and have no balls. I agree with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaOLgy3YKtA

American men affirm their masculinity by driving an SUV, but I don't think that's what she wants.

What she wants is a man that wears a love charm and knows some exotic position. "Banana Power!"

At least 50 years ago Reader's Digest published a survey taken at a
number of upper class Women's Collages in the Eastern U.S. The
question was "what do you look for in a husband?" The optional
"comes from a Wealthy Family"

The response was overwhelmingly the last choice.

Women do like the big car.

I can supply European men with such charms and more. No SUV necessary. Not even a Harley Davidson. I think it's Jesus that tamed European men.

You are a male pimp?
--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 10th 16, 12:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 19:06:14 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Humble Philosopher" wrote:

On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 9:34:31 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 8:32:07 PM UTC-4, Vito wrote:
On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 13:47:49 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble
Philosopher" wrote:

pic.twitter.com/ntrFSfEVOD

Real men don't wear 'charms' or do twitter. Try again.

Oh real cyclists wear lycra suits. Do you think they are sexy to women? I wear jungle outfits instead. I hate helmets and tight suits.

You know, I use men's bikes and ladies' bikes. No complex. They sense this ruggedness that make me stand out. The pendant is just the bait.

I just use it for the revolution, not to promote myself. Typical humbleness of a wise man. The desired outcome is not to pick up women. It's just having fun.

The allure of being comandante helps, of course. People need to know you are a rebel with a cause. You just need a troop of monkeys to follow you. If a lady says, "Well, I just want to know what the TibetanMonkey position is." I may reply, "Hey, you better read about it. Practice it with your own monkey." I know I'm making people happy.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6xdcft33.png

I think this design is just great.

http://www.zazzle.com/revolutions_fo...11090634717809

Comandantes have a mystique all their own. Sexy I don't know. But Woody Allen landed a great girl in 'Bananas.' You must have seen the movie.

Reality is a movie?

But didn't Woody get done for sexually molesting his daughter? And I
read that he pent over 37 years undergoing psychoanalysis and his
biographer John Baxter, wrote, "Allen obviously found analysis
stimulating, even exciting.
--
cheers,

John B.

ghd Green Envy lizhou zhu Techniques 0 August 10th 10 04:10 AM
Envy Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_] UK 4 June 8th 09 06:57 PM
Is Katherine Trimble an envy racist bigot? [email protected] Australia 1 January 31st 07 01:22 AM
Melbourne: kona bicycle envy (police on bicycles) AndrewJ Australia 16 June 17th 06 08:17 AM
Off to Europe nathan Unicycling 38 August 9th 05 05:18 PM