Ryan Leech is coming to Unicon!

Old April 1st 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

Default Ryan Leech is coming to Unicon!

I was told by Amanda, who's friends with some trials bikers that know
Neil Tunnicliffe who told them that Ryan Leech will be attending Unicon
this year It's supposed to be a secret, but I'm too excited!

Apparently, he intends to take his front wheel off and enter the trials
competition. That'd be really cool to watch, but do you reckon they'll
let him?

--
ivan

Did you know that lighter flame smells like burnt nose
hair?entropy isn't what it used to be.
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 1st 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

Well, section 12.14 Cycle Design Restrictions for unicycle trials of the
IUF handbook states:Any unicycle or *bike* may be used. There is no
restriction on changing cycles during the competition. So he might not
even need to remove the front wheel.

So the only not plausible part of this is that Ryan Leech would attend
a unicycle convention.

EDIT: 'link to IUF Handbook' (http://tinyurl.com/36ep96)

--
zfreak220

agentQ wrote:
Don't quote me on that.

Jkohse wrote:
ill never go back to 20 again, 24 for life!

http://www.usenet.com
Old April 1st 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

TEACHER'S VOICE
Bueller?

GIRL'S VOICE
He's sick.
(pause)
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's
brother's girlfriend heard from this
guy who knows this kid who's going
with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out
at 31 Flavors last night. I guess
it's pretty serious.

TEACHER'S VOICE
(weary)
Thank you, Simone.

from "FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF"

Sorry I couldn't resist... (I probably dated myself by referencing this
movie, you youngn's probably never heard of it!)

munisano

--
MuniSano
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 1st 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boisei

I asked for a unicycle, I got a computer, how's that for being born
under a bad sign?

--
boisei
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 1st 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

Did you know Ryan Leech and Ryan Atkins are cousins?

--
forrestunifreak

I will, because I can.
'*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
*www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
christ*

Joe "Hodgekins" wrote:
Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?

http://www.usenet.com
Old April 2nd 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

forrestunifreak wrote:
Did you know Ryan Leech and Ryan Atkins are cousins?

Everyone knows that.

--
Borgschulze

'deviantART'
(http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'
(http://videos.observedtrials.net/Gravity.wmv) is -not- the
issue.
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 2nd 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

For real?!

I'm joking.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 2nd 08, 06:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

IUF Rulebook wrote:
Any unicycle or *bike* may be used. There is no restriction on changing
cycles during the competition.

There is a slight change in the 2008 version, which just says "Any cycle
may be used." Ruh-ro! I never noticed that, but I wonder if Kris (the
author) ever thought about it! Because what I *have* noticed is Ryan
Leech in one of his videos the other night. I think a bike (front wheel
or no) could cream unicycles in most Trials situations. Due to their
geometry, bikes can jump considerably higher.

This is going to mean either a future change in Trials rules, or a
change in competition Trials unicycles. And possibly a major upset at
the 2008 Unicon Trials competition!

...Or that this is another April Fool's joke, but there's no joke in
the Trials rules...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 2nd 08, 06:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

johnfoss wrote:
There is a slight change in the 2008 version, which just says "Any cycle
may be used." Ruh-ro! I never noticed that, but I wonder if Kris (the
author) ever thought about it! Because what I *have* noticed is Ryan
Leech in one of his videos the other night. I think a bike (front wheel
or no) could cream unicycles in most Trials situations. Due to their
geometry, bikes can jump considerably higher.

This is going to mean either a future change in Trials rules, or a
change in competition Trials unicycles. And possibly a major upset at
the 2008 Unicon Trials competition!

...Or that this is another April Fool's joke, but there's no joke in
the Trials rules...

If I attached a little wheel to a pogo stick could I use that?

-Miles

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish at gmail dot com
msn: mornish at gmail dot com
'Miles Land' (http://mornish.blogspot.com/)
'California Mountain Unicycle Weekend 2008'
(http://cmw08.blogspot.com/)
Matt wrote:
Yeah I do, but, I'm lazy you see... it's this disease and uh, I haven't
taken my medication?

http://www.usenet.com
Old April 2nd 08, 07:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

This was an April fool's joke. But it'd still be cool, wouldn't it?

And I got John Foss worried, sweet!