unibiker

Old January 4th 05, 07:04 PM
Catboy

I have decided to make a memorial video of Unibiker. I want to make it
for us riding in remembrance to him, so if you ant to contribute email
me or PM me.

AIM: MM Catboy
email: catboy (at) gmail (dot) com

--
Catboy - RIP Unibiker

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

RIP Unibiker

Old January 4th 05, 09:46 PM
GizmoDuck

I picked up on this thread a wee bit late, but that is really sad news

Unibikers ability to ride a 'unibike' certainly has a place in unicycle
history.

Rest in Peace

Ken

--
GizmoDuck - NZUNI

o-kO
'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)

Old January 5th 05, 01:34 AM
Unickcycle

someone should make a vid comemerating his life

im going to suggest using the song tears in heaven

--
Unickcycle - R.I.P Jeff Baker A.K.A unibiker

eat on the uni

sleep with the uni

live on the uni
-do it-
Unickcycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8961

Old January 5th 05, 02:05 AM
mscalisi

This forum is an intersting place. For me, it's filled with two kinds of
people. Friends I have met, and friends I haven't met.

I never met Jeff, but I did read all of his posts. He seemed like a very
interested person. I'm very sad to learn of his death, and I'm also sad
that I will never have the privilage of riding with him.

--
mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Old January 5th 05, 04:32 AM
bugman

mscalisi wrote:
*This forum is an intersting place. For me, it's filled with two kinds
of people. Friends I have met, and friends I haven't met.

I never met Jeff, but I did read all of his posts. He seemed like a
very interesting person. I'm very sad to learn of his death, and I'm
also sad that I will never have the privilage of riding with him. *

My sentiments exactly. I scanned throught 10+ thread titles before
opening this first. I knew from his posts that he was having back
problems, and was likely in a lot of pain. My prayers go out to him and
his family and friends. My heart just sank when I read the first post.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Old January 5th 05, 07:17 AM
HandyAndy

i remember shortly after i was able to ride my uni i saw a post by
unibiker and saw his avatar and naturally i immediately went out and
tried it myself, i figured that if i could now ride a unicycle surely i
could hold a wheely on my mountain bike. it was not the case.
i am sorry the hear the manor of his death, suicide has hit close to
home for me a couple times in the past so i can imagine a little bit of
what his friends and family are going through

RIP Unibiker

--
HandyAndy - Guest

-Andrew Smit-
-this is the space under my name-
munimanpete wrote:
*"Handy Andy makes a floor feel good"
*

HandyAndy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3836

Old January 5th 05, 07:23 AM
forrestunifreak

HandyAndy wrote:
*naturally i immediately went out and tried it myself, i figured that
if i could now ride a unicycle surely i could hold a wheely on my
mountain bike. it was not the case.
*

The same exact thing happened to me.I still cant do a wheely.I thuoght
it would be easy.Boy was i wrong.

--
forrestunifreak - R.I.P. Unibiker

R.I.P. Unibiker.

Old January 5th 05, 08:17 AM
Ken Fuchs

It was very distressed to hear about unibiker's last few days with us.
Please allow me to say a few words about Jeff Baker aka unibiker:

He was a unicyclist in a class by himself. His long distance unibike
ride stories were well read and respected. He rode his unibike faster
than any unicyclist ever rode a unicycle and was a extremely interesting
writer by any measure.

With his passing there is one less unibiker and unicyclist, but we will
never, ever completely forget him and his stories.

Anyone who hasn't read unibiker's posts should do so now, as you don't
know what you're missing.

We will all miss unibiker ...

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs

Old January 5th 05, 09:14 AM
john_childs

I was always hopeful that Unibiker would set the official 25K or one
hour time trial record and hold it long enough to get in the Guinness
Book Of World Records. That would have given the geared Coker riders a
time to shoot for. But it also would have been a controversial record.
Is the unibike a unicycle? Should it be allowed to hold a unicycle
record? It would have been so fun to see that play out. And I'd like
to think that Unibiker would have found it to be fun too.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old January 5th 05, 01:02 PM
Memphis Mud

john_childs wrote:
*Is the unibike a unicycle?*

It only has one wheel. Unlike a Bicycle riding a wheelie.

No parachute. No safety net.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...

"do not think, just ride"...muniracer
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987