Stem for Cannondale F700

Old April 15th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
richard

Default Stem for Cannondale F700

Hi, and hope someone can give me a bit of help/advice. I own a
Cannondale mountain bike, F700 which is about 3 years old. I need a
bit more rise to get into a more comfortable riding position. I've
added a 2" rise handlebar which is -almost- where it's really comfy.
My question is: will any clamp on stem, with a bit more rise, fit this
bike or due to the suspension lockout lever on top of the current
stem, will only a Cannondale specific stem work? I need about 3/4"
more height to make this bike fit perfectly! Thanks in advance for
any advice on this!
richard
Old April 15th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James Thomson

"richard" a écrit:

Hi, and hope someone can give me a bit of help/advice. I
own a Cannondale mountain bike, F700 which is about 3
years old. I need a bit more rise to get into a more comfortable
riding position. I've added a 2" rise handlebar which is -almost-
where it's really comfy. My question is: will any clamp on stem,
with a bit more rise, fit this bike or due to the suspension
lockout lever on top of the current stem, will only a Cannondale
specific stem work?

It's not the lever, but the diameter of the steerer tube that's the problem.
The headshok steerer diameter is unique to Cannondale, so you need to use a
Cannondale stem, or one of the few Headshok-compatible stems made by other
manufacturers, such as Syncros, Profile, Roox, Kore, or Syntace.

A Syntace VRO would give you a lot of options:

http://www.syntace.com/index.cfm?pid=3&pk=428

James Thomson

Old April 16th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
richard

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 23:55:22 +0200, "James Thomson"
wrote:

"richard" a écrit:

[...]

Thank you for your excellent suggestions, James. They all look good
and will pick out one and install it just as soon as time permits.
Again, thanks!
richard

Old April 17th 07, 08:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jesus

wrote:
"richard" a écrit:

[...]

Richard,

Messing up with geometry of bicycle is not usually payed off..I will
keep my fingers crossed but If You could get your hands on the F700 2"
bigger then Yours this would be in my opinion much better (probably
more expensive) solution.

Ride well and safe!
Nedeljko.

Old April 17th 07, 10:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James Thomson

"jesus" a écrit:

Messing up with geometry of bicycle is not usually payed
off.

Richard isn't changing the geometry of his bike - he's changing the stem to
adjust the riding position.

I will keep my fingers crossed but If You could get your hands
on the F700 2" bigger then Yours this would be in my opinion
much better (probably more expensive) solution.

Headshok bikes of different sizes have the same head tube length. The
steerer length is fixed because it contains the supension system.

James Thomson

Old April 27th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Robert[_4_]

Same bike, same need. I've been trying to find out if the stem from a
Cannondale
Adventure (adjustable) would fit and do the job. Unfortunately I've yet to
run one
down.