What's the matter with her?

Old May 17th 07, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Danny Colyer

Default What's the matter with her?

There was a card from Parcel Force waiting for me this evening saying
that they'd left a parcel next door. I've just been round and picked it up.

When I came back carrying it, DW said: "At least it doesn't look very
exciting."

This was a cardboard box with "Ribble Cycles" emblazoned on two sides.
What could be more exciting than a parcel that's clearly come from a
bike shop? What's the matter with her?

--
Danny Colyer URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
"Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down.
Old May 17th 07, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Thompson

What could be more exciting than a parcel that's clearly come from a
bike shop?

More exciting than a parcel? A bike box....
Old May 17th 07, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Thu, 17 May 2007 20:59:08 +0100, Danny Colyer
wrote:

What could be more exciting than a parcel that's clearly come from a
bike shop?

Two parcels that've clearly come from a bike shop.
Old May 17th 07, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Danny Colyer wrote on 17/05/2007 20:59 +0100:

This was a cardboard box with "Ribble Cycles" emblazoned on two sides.
What could be more exciting than a parcel that's clearly come from a
bike shop? What's the matter with her?

Yes, parcels from Ribble Cycles are always exciting IME. Hours of fun
sorting out the damage from poor packing and trying to work out what if
anything is actually there that you ordered. Hours on the phone trying
to get them to do anything about it..... Oh Yes.....very exciting.

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell
Old May 17th 07, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Danny Colyer

Tony Raven wrote:
Yes, parcels from Ribble Cycles are always exciting IME. Hours of fun
sorting out the damage from poor packing and trying to work out what if
anything is actually there that you ordered. Hours on the phone trying
to get them to do anything about it..... Oh Yes.....very exciting.

I got everything I ordered, plus a saddle that I didn't. Not too sure
what I'm supposed to do with a bike saddle (although it looks like
rather a nice one by wedgie standards), but they haven't charged me for
it anyway. I'll probably get round to e-mailing them about it tomorrow.

Old May 18th 07, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Tony Raven said the following on 17/05/2007 23:13:

Yes, parcels from Ribble Cycles are always exciting IME. Hours of fun
sorting out the damage from poor packing and trying to work out what if
anything is actually there that you ordered. Hours on the phone trying
to get them to do anything about it..... Oh Yes.....very exciting.

Quick check - oh yes, it was Ribble and not Evans we're talking about!
Are Ribble really that bad as well? (I've not used them yet myself!)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old May 18th 07, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Paul Boyd wrote on 18/05/2007 08:59 +0100:

Quick check - oh yes, it was Ribble and not Evans we're talking about!
Are Ribble really that bad as well? (I've not used them yet myself!)

A Google on this group will tell you all you need to know.

Old May 18th 07, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

Tony Raven wrote:

Paul Boyd wrote on 18/05/2007 08:59 +0100:

Quick check - oh yes, it was Ribble and not Evans we're talking about!
Are Ribble really that bad as well? (I've not used them yet myself!)

A Google on this group will tell you all you need to know.

To be clear, I believe the consensus is that the mail order service
leaves a lot to be desired. The shop is fine and staffed by helpful
people.

Cheers,
Luke

--
Lincoln City 0-2 Southend United (AET)
Swansea City 2-2 Southend United

does weight matter in uni? primus Unicycling 10 November 27th 06 06:19 PM
does weight matter in uni? onelesscar Unicycling 0 November 26th 06 10:15 PM
What's the matter, Froid [email protected] Racing 0 August 14th 06 05:26 PM
Does the truth matter? crit PRO Racing 8 August 24th 05 05:45 PM
Why Doping does Matter Bill C Racing 7 August 18th 05 12:06 AM