Come on in and get your knuckles smacked

Old October 7th 08, 07:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Come on in and get your knuckles smacked

This came to mind this morning when I began to review in my mind all
the posts and newsgroups I've been reading and replying to over the
years. "Come on in and get your knuckles smacked for daring to post
here". (or any newsgroup). Newbies just want to partisipate and often
offer the wrong advise or make the wrong comment for the 'seasoned
members' of any newsgroup. After a few well rounded smacks and put
downs the poster disappears for a while or becomes a lurker. I would
imagine this group has lots of lurkers. I think if any newsgroup wants
to grow and thrive, there needs to be a bit more encouragement on
posts, in the manner rebuttles are worded. Myself I have a bit of a
thick skin, now, I had to grow into it, but I can remember leaving so
many other groups in the past because every turn seemed to bring a
'knuckle buster' of a response. There's an old saying that comes to
mind, which holds true even today. It goes: "being right all the time
can be awful lonely." In the case of this group, I suspect everyone is
out riding. Good.
Old October 8th 08, 03:05 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
[...]

The Great Ed Dolan wlecomes newbies and will not interfere with any of their
posts provided they do not immediately began throwing insults around and
casting aspersions. In fact, Ed Dolan the Great is only concerned with the
old timers who are deserving of Him. Frankly, this newsgroup could be
greatly improved upon if all the old timers would croak and go to Hell where
they belong. Either that, or go to BROL and join that old Kentucky coot,
Larry Varney.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old October 8th 08, 03:08 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

How many old timers are left? Only a couple here who were posting in the
1990's.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If my posts in general annoy or offend, please kill-file.
Old October 8th 08, 03:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Well Hells Bells - Mission Accomplished! Once I have booted you out of here
for keeps, I can retire and go peacefully to my grave with a feeling of
great satisfaction. Then JimmyMac can just stalk himself - pathetic creature
that he is.

Old October 9th 08, 12:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
jon

Tom Sherman wrote in
:

How many old timers are left?

Hey. I resemble that remark.

Annual "ride my age" is approaching. At some point, perhaps
I'll have to go "metric", but so far it's still "miles to go."

Only a couple here who were posting in
the 1990's.

Few, very few of us. But ARBR is almost recumbent content-free zone.

Sadly unremarkable.

Jon
Old October 9th 08, 03:57 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"jon" wrote in message ...
Tom Sherman wrote in
:

How many old timers are left?

Hey. I resemble that remark.

Annual "ride my age" is approaching. At some point, perhaps
I'll have to go "metric", but so far it's still "miles to go."

Only a couple here who were posting in
the 1990's.

Few, very few of us. But ARBR is almost recumbent content-free zone.

Sadly unremarkable.

ARBR was ruined by liberal scofflaws and by a criminal vandal troll. Neither
Tom Sherman nor Jon Meinecke did anything about the criminal vandal troll.
They stood idly by and let it happen. ARBR is now dead and gone and I say
good riddance to it. It did not deserve to survive.

I note we are now getting sales type of messages from the spammers. And so,
like all unmoderated newsgroups, we go out with a whimper, not a bang. All
of this for lack of a moderator!