"Debris in the Bike Lane" MY ASS!

Old September 18th 03, 04:31 PM
Top Sirloin

Default "Debris in the Bike Lane" MY ASS!

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:51:38 GMT, "triple rider" wrote:

you try that with me and you get a nice cleat-mark on your door the next
stoplight. and if you get out we'll see how tough you are outside the car.

The pussies who buzz you _never_ get out of their car - in fact, they'll usually
run the next light to get away.

--
Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are
Old September 18th 03, 04:51 PM
triple rider

"Scott in Aztlan" wrote in message
How many times have we heard cyclists give the excuse "there must have

been
debris in the bike lane" to explain why some cyclist was seen riding on

top of
the separating line rather than in the center of the lane. Yesterday I saw

cyclist straddling the separation line and I know for a FACT that there

was no
debris (unless you count the other cyclist riding to this cyclist's

right). This
was on Irvine Boulevard between Sand Canyon and Jeffrey(*), in case Kenny

is
interested.

I gave him a nice, close buzz at 65MPH to remind his arrogant ass that

he's not
indestructible.

(*) Incidentally, this area is very popular with the local cyclists. It's
semi-rural, but well paved and has good bike lane coverage. It's also

popular
with me because it has 60 - 65MPH speed limits, relatively low vehiclular

and
pedestrian traffic, and given me an opportunity to practice my drag race

launch
technique. If it weren't for all the arrogant cyclists, this area would be
perfect!

--
To paraphrase former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura:
Radar detectors are a crutch for the inattentive driver.

hey dickhead,

you try that with me and you get a nice cleat-mark on your door the next
stoplight. and if you get out we'll see how tough you are outside the car.

cyclists hug the line if they see something in their lane coming up - glass,
pothole, car, whatever. that's alot better than swerving into traffic the
last second. but I guess your pea-brain was too stupid to consider that
possibility. as you mentioned, Irvine has alot of bike racers in training
and if you keep pulling **** like this you're likely to get your face
pummelled.

-c.

Old September 18th 03, 08:26 PM
JTN

I remember back in about 86 a national team speed skater bud of mine got two
"tuff guys" to pull over in fl. he beat the **** out of em so bad they were
looking for him in the local paper to press charges. one knocked out and the
other crying to him saying how sorry he was.... funny as **** I tell ya. he
should have cut their heads off and ****ed down their necks.....lololo

I love the expressions when you stand in front of them after they get out of
their car and your 6'4 and they are about 5'5 and wanting to talk now
instead of being number two in a two person tuff man contest......****ing
pussies.......

i have always said, if you want to be a world class boxer - fighter, train
on a bike.........you could fight 3 times a week....

Old September 18th 03, 08:37 PM
RWM

"Top Sirloin" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:51:38 GMT, "triple rider" wrote:

The pussies who buzz you _never_ get out of their car - in fact, they'll

usually
run the next light to get away.

I had that happen today with a women about sixty. She completely ran a red
light to make a right turn and almost took me out in the process. When she
saw me the look on her face went from a blank "how did I get here look" to
complete horror. The next light was only about 100 hundred yards and I saw
her looking in her rear view mirror as I approached. When I got close she
ran another light, and this one was straight through!

Old September 18th 03, 09:06 PM
Bruce Johnston

"JTN" wrote in message
[...]

One of my best friends was hit and killed on main street in broad daylight
by a old lady who said she couldn't see over the dash. What can you do? Just
have eyes in the back of your head, read peoples faces and not traffic
lights. I ran down a few drivers in the old days and opened their car doors
and almost pulled them out of the car, but that doesn't work anymore with
all the guns out there. It was just a kneejerk reaction anyway. What can you
do to someone in their 60's, 70's, or 80's? How many times have you flipped
someone off on your bike? Could you count them on both hands? You don't flip
people off anymore either with all the guns out there, at least not in
Fresno with all the gangbangers running around.

B-

Old September 18th 03, 09:29 PM
Raptor

Bruce Johnston wrote:
One of my best friends was hit and killed on main street in broad daylight
by a old lady who said she couldn't see over the dash. What can you do?

Dismantle their automobile by hand/force, to make sure she doesn't drive
again.

"I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
--Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

Old September 19th 03, 12:31 AM
Tom Kunich

It isn't those people who might hit you that are the problem. It's the
assholes who want you off of their road.

As other's have said, these jerkoffs only rarely get out of their car
and the only time it happened with me I had my daughter along and
couldn't deep six the lard ass.

Old September 19th 03, 03:46 AM
triple rider

"Scott in Aztlan" wrote in message
The next stoplight was over a mile away (semi-rural road, remember?) and I

was
heading for it at 65MPH. Even if I got stuck at a red, I could sit through

an
entire cycle before you huffed and puffed your way up to where I was, by

which
point you wouldn't have the strength to even lift your leg.

One day it'll catch up with you and you won't have your car to hide in.
Maybe it won't be me you buzz but chances are any cyclist will be in good
enough shape to handle a coward like you.

Cyclists must be low on reading comprehension. I made it clear in my post

that
the reason this arrogant cyclist was straddling the line is because there

was
another cyclist in the bike lane to his immediate right - a cyclist who,

by the
way, had no problems with any debris in the roadway.

Boy, if that's the best justification for buzzing a cyclist, you're stupider
than your original post indicated.

as you mentioned, Irvine has alot of bike racers in training
and if you keep pulling **** like this you're likely to get your face
pummelled.

Bring it on, USENET tough guy.

You're right. People can say anything on usenet. I don't know you and you
don't know me. But if you act as much like an idiot as your posts show,
it's going to catch up with you when you **** off the wrong person in real
life.

-c.

Old September 19th 03, 05:16 AM
Paul

"Raptor" wrote in message ...
Bruce Johnston wrote:
One of my best friends was hit and killed on main street in broad

daylight
by a old lady who said she couldn't see over the dash. What can you do?

Dismantle their automobile by hand/force, to make sure she doesn't drive
again.

Takes a *real* big man to beat up on an old lady, doesn't it, tough guy??

--
Paul

Old September 19th 03, 08:00 AM
Raptor

Paul wrote:
"Raptor" wrote in message ...

Bruce Johnston wrote:

One of my best friends was hit and killed on main street in broad

daylight

by a old lady who said she couldn't see over the dash. What can you do?

Dismantle their automobile by hand/force, to make sure she doesn't drive
again.

Takes a *real* big man to beat up on an old lady, doesn't it, tough guy??

Who said anything about beating up an old lady? The goals are to 1)
take out some very righteous aggression and 2) prevent her from driving
again and putting others at risk. Or are you concerned about the car's
feelings?