Mountain Biking Speed Record - Speed 110 mph - Downhill......Video Footage

Old April 26th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Mountain Biking Speed Record - Speed 110 mph - Downhill......Video Footage

"Mark" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

When you fall over on your bike at 0 mph, that is not a crash. When you
crash at very slow speeds, usually not much harm is done. But when you
crash

Like Falling down a ravine? Like hitting your head on the curb? Ever seen
the aftermath of two cyclists running into each other at low speeds? Some
physics knowledge woudl help you out.

Nope! Those are very bad falls, but they are not crashes. Two cyclists
running into one another at a high speed will be infinitely worse than if
they do it at a slow speed. Elementary physics, my dear Watson! Not you
begin to see why I am so Great!

at very high speeds, you can get seriously hurt, even killed.

If you get by a car from behind and you ride slowly the impact is greater
than when ride faster. I have avoided cars coming out of side roads that
had to yield becuase I was going fast. Any slower and they would have hit
me.

Yes, you are right about that, but still I would rather be hit by a slow
moving car than a fast moving car. NOW, do you finally appreciate just how
Great I am?

I would henceforth like to be addressed by you as Your Majesty, or if you
prefer to emphasize my Holiness, you can address me as Your Worship!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old April 27th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collision

running into one another at a high speed will be infinitely worse than if
they do it at a slow speed. Elementary physics, my dear Watson! Not you

It also depends on *how* the cyclists collide, not the speed alone.

Yes, you are right about that, but still I would rather be hit by a slow
moving car than a fast moving car. NOW, do you finally appreciate just how

A friend of mine hit a very slow moving car (actually, it was parked) and
had a concussion and was out for a week. Jan Ullrich hit a fast moving car
while moving fast himself and still started the Tour the next day.

prefer to emphasize my Holiness, you can address me as Your Worship!

Yes, your Holeness (I assume this refers to your brain size???)

Mark

Old April 27th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Mark" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
prefer to emphasize my Holiness, you can address me as Your Worship!

Yes, your Holeness (I assume this refers to your brain size???)

I am a Great Saint known far and wide as Saint Edward the Great. I am
planning to ascend into Heaven like Our Blessed Virgin Mary, where I will
sit at the right hand of God Almighty. There I will recommend to Him that He
cast all such pitiful souls as yourself into ever lasting hellfire. God will
listen to ME because I am one of His Great Saints. I think I may have been
born without original sin, unlike a scoundrel and a sinner like you.

By the way, your editing is not for ****. How dare a cretin like you cut up
my rolling sentences. That right there is reason enough for you to burn in
Hell forever.

Old April 27th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

sit at the right hand of God Almighty.

He'll pick someone who rides faster than you.

Mark

Old April 27th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Mark" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

sit at the right hand of God Almighty.

He'll pick someone who rides faster than you.

Mark

A scoundrel like Mark will always edit a message so as to make himself look
good and to make anyone else look bad. But that is ever the hallmark of a
scoundrel and something I never do. I am fair to whatever message gets
posted. Just another reason why I am so Great and why Mark is so Lessor.

Old April 28th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
posted. Just another reason why I am so Great and why Mark is so Lessor.

But faster than you!

Mark

Old April 28th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Mark wrote:
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
posted. Just another reason why I am so Great and why Mark is so Lessor.

But faster than you!

Mark

I can top that easy.

Just drop me and my bike out of a plane at 20,000 feet and I bet I could
hit 140 before popping the chute.

Landing on the wheels and the seat might be a bit rough.

Does straight down count? It is downhill.

Bill (tired of the "Great one's" rants.) Baka
Old April 28th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Mark" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
posted. Just another reason why I am so Great and why Mark is so Lessor.

But faster than you!

Mark

It is far more important to be Great than to be fast. Hells Bells, I don't
care about being fast at all anymore. The slower you go, the more you see.
In fact, when I am in place like New York City, even the slowest bike ride
is too fast. Then I want to walk rather slowly so I can take it all in.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

PS. Damn! You are the worst editor ever! Never quote an incomplete sentence,
you numskull!

Old April 28th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
om...
Mark wrote:
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
posted. Just another reason why I am so Great and why Mark is so Lessor.

But faster than you!

Mark

I can top that easy.

Just drop me and my bike out of a plane at 20,000 feet and I bet I could
hit 140 before popping the chute.

Landing on the wheels and the seat might be a bit rough.

Does straight down count? It is downhill.

Bill (tired of the "Great one's" rants.) Baka

Hang in there Bill. I will always have some substance to my messages (unless
I am just telling some moron to go f*** himself). If the invective bothers
you, just look past it. Frankly, the invective is there for all the idiots
who otherwise can never get the message. I am assuming you have enough
intelligence to get the substantive part of my messages.

Old April 28th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:QPKdne8zBsdS68zZnZ2dnUVZ_v6dnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

care about being fast at all anymore. The slower you go, the more you see.

Only a Great one can go fast and see everything at the same time.
Sorry that you are not one of them.

Mark