Mazda advert finished

Old October 31st 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Default Mazda advert finished

Some of you may remember that Mazda took some film before the Dartmoor
Muni Weekend in May for an advertisment. It was absolutely vile
weather, even for Dartmoor, and I'm amazed they managed to get any
usable film, but they've made quite a funny short clip.
It's at http://www.mazda.co.uk/mazdalife, then click on "in search of
zoom zoom" on the menu in the top left.
It's a weird site - I think the idea is that they want to be associated
with fun and unusual persuits.
The jousting film they made earlier is on there as well.
And UDC got a plug

Oh, the riders are me, Tue and Tom (and Luke from Mazda, not quite
riding).

Rob

--
rob.northcott

'Dartmoor Muni Weekend'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46116) - Last
weekend in May 2006
Same again next year anyone? It'll be dry, I promise.

Old October 31st 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sarah.miller

nice of tom to show him up! That kids an animal of a rider.

--
sarah.miller

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

Old October 31st 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Great clip! How odd for Mazda to associate the slow sport of mountain
unicycling with "zoom zoom!" But with the contrast between the beginner
rider and the more experienced ones, I guess the zoom comes through.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

Old October 31st 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
domesticated ape

What a strange way to attempt to sell cars!

Still it's good exposure for muni, although it would have been better
with more good riding in the vid.

--
domesticated ape
domesticated ape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8599

Old October 31st 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Andy912912

I think 'this' (http://tinyurl.com/ybv24v) is a more direct link. But
yeah, that IS a weird way to sell cars. Maybe the video will just get
you to appreciate the 75% more wheel in cars than on unicycles.

--
Andy912912

~I reject your reality and substitute my own!(Adam, Mythbuster) I now
Ride for Christ

I do the least Tae-Kwan-Do you can imagine...I hate that blasted
carrousel! Count in korean? No problem...ok, a lot...WATASHI WA ANDY
DESU! Or am I?
Andy912912's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12601

Old November 1st 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eroick

Andy912912 wrote:
Maybe the video will just get you to appreciate the 75% more wheel in
cars than on unicycles.

So there is three quarters of a wheel on a car. Weird car if you ask
me. I would think that it would be something more like 300% more wheels
on cars then on unis.

Im sorry, but you just failed math 101. Good bye.

--
Eroick

--Eric Evenchick

My MSN:

but 3 degrees is like a heat wave!! woohoo.

Eroick's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

Old November 1st 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

domesticated ape wrote:
What a strange way to attempt to sell cars!

It is strange for Mazda. When I think of a car to take to a trailhead
for a muni (or MTB) ride, a Mazda is not on the list. The image of a
Mazda isn't one that makes you think "I'm going to put a dirty unicycle
(or bicycle) in the car and drive on a dirt road to go have some fun
then come back tired and dirty". That's not the image I have of Mazda
cars. Except for their pickup and SUV, and those aren't the vehicles
that come to mind when I first think Mazda.

A nicely done video. Captures the humour of the situation quite well.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old November 1st 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

john_childs wrote:
When I think of a car to take to a trailhead for a muni (or MTB) ride, a
Mazda is not on the list.

I imagine Mazda weren't thinking of you/us, either.

A Subaru would be a better fit.

Uh, that's what I thought of before remembering that's what you were
driving last time I saw you... I had two of them myself over the years.

Old November 1st 06, 08:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Hey, maybe Mazda are just testing the market before they launch their
range of unicycle racks. Wouldn't that be cool!

--
semach.the.monkey
semach.the.monkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12078

Old November 1st 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

domesticated ape wrote:
it would have been better with more good riding in the vid.

We did our best... nobody else wanted to turn up.
But I think I know what you mean - the weather was so grim I'm
surprised they managed to get any useable footage though. Anyway, they
were going more for comedy effect than a unicycling promotion video -
have a look at the jousting film on the site.

Rob