Which is Stronger: Profile Hub/Cranks OR Splined Qu-Ax Hub/Cranks?

Old March 4th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

Default Which is Stronger: Profile Hub/Cranks OR Splined Qu-Ax Hub/Cranks?

I havn't actually seen Moment cranks bend before yet, but heard via
via:

pete66 wrote:

DustinSchaap wrote:
the new KH cranks are about 10x as strong as the 2005 version

Not 10x (at all) but definitely slightly stronger. My 05 cranks
survived some big 9-10sets unscathed. I've seen 07 cranks bend after
multiple 360s down about a 5-6foot drop.

Click 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/yurtc5) for the original post. So far
that has been the only report I've heard, I have a pair of the KH
cranks myself and I must admit that I really like the design, strong
and light and up to ISIS specs unlike some cranks...

--
DustinSchaap

FOUNDER OF EENWIEL.NL (\"HTTP://WWW.EENWIEL.NL\")

Old March 4th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
picado

i ride with kh hub and quax cranks

and iam really surprised because iam fat and i do big things and my
cranks/hub are in perfect shape

--
picado

From HELL SP mono CLUBE!

###unicycle for JAH RASTAFARI###
One wheel in brazil
picado's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11964

Old March 4th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Lutz

To be fair, I know 2 people who have bend there qu-ax cranks. One of
them is a big guy the other has done crazy drops like 3m to flat. My
own Quax hub, on my 24 inch MUni, isnt in perfect shape either (after a
3.2m drop a few years ago in bend down slightly).

--
Lutz

'POINT RACING' (http://www.pointbike.de) | 'AJATA'
(http://www.ajata.de) |

'www.einradshows.de' (http://www.einradshows.de)
'www.extremeunicycling.de' (http://www.extremeunicycling.de)

'Video' (http://www.ajata.de/2m/lutz/lutz.wmv) |
Lutz's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1752

Old March 4th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

so, what, we have 2-5 broken quax hubs
and at least 10 known profile hubs, and the warranty didn't cover
several of those.

go w/ qu-ax

and DX hubs... 2-3 broken ...ever... one of which is mine, but it only
has an extremely loose keyway

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old March 5th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Lucas1wheel

I haven't read all the posts because theres far to much repetition of
pointless arguments but i will add to the old lack of testing debate by
saying that Joe Hodges rode them hard and could not bend or break them
and he is a machine in breaking things.

Also Torker is a direct copy of Qu Ax cranks, direct!

Kris, i don't think anyones doubting the strength of the new moment
they seem awesome and i think the debate should stay between torker and
qu ax

--
Lucas1wheel

Lucas1Wheel -I am really up for S.L.U.T.S
MrBoogieJuice -Keep it to yourself thankyou very much.

I LOVE YOU MIKE!!!! You kick ass.
I smell....of peaches
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

Old March 6th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Jerrick wrote:
Seriously though, whats the big deal here?

The "big deal" is the fact that there hasn't been an objective test
(that I know of) performed on a selection of unicycle hubs. All we
have in this thread is first- and second-hand accounts of isolated
incidents and a whole lot of pontification / postulation... no
scientific testing, no statistical analysis, nothing that would give
anyone any right to make a definitive statement... including yourself.

Stop spreading rumors and just admit it: You really don't know which is
stronger.

Think of it this way. If you had to choose one of these cranksets to
prevent a 10 ton vault from crushing you to death, you really wouldn't
know which one to choose, as there hasn't been a "breaking strength"
established for each set... so until there is, your guess is as good as
anyone else's.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire

Old March 6th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

maestro8 wrote:
The "big deal" is the fact that there hasn't been an objective test
(that I know of) performed on a selection of unicycle hubs. All we
have in this thread is first- and second-hand accounts of isolated
incidents and a whole lot of pontification / postulation... no
scientific testing, no statistical analysis, nothing that would give
anyone any right to make a definitive statement... including yourself.

Stop spreading rumors and just admit it: You really don't know which is
stronger.

Think of it this way. If you had to choose one of these cranksets to
prevent a 10 ton vault from crushing you to death, you really wouldn't
know which one to choose, as there hasn't been a "breaking strength"
established for each set... so until there is, your guess is as good as
anyone else's.

I know we dont have any positive proof of which one is stronger, at
least not yet. It would be nice to get some equipment and testing done
to see exactly how much each hub can take.

And because no one, including myself, knows which one is stronger, that
is why I am not saying that one is stronger than other. I stated what I
believe the order of crank strength is, but I did not go out and say
that I am right and know for sure which one is stronger.

Hmm, who exactly would we go to if we were able to get proper testing
done?

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)