Morals in France

Old April 30th 07, 10:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

Default Morals in France

Les coureurs impliqués dans l'affaire Puerto doivent-ils être au départ des
Grands Tours ?Oui 12,12%
Non 86,36%
Sans opinion 1,52%

From Velo101 today.
Sandy

--
Si les autres parties du monde ont des singes ; l'Europe a des Français.
Cela se compense.

Old April 30th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Apr 30, 5:58 am, "Sandy" wrote:
Les coureurs impliqués dans l'affaire Puerto doivent-ils être au départ des
Grands Tours ?Oui 12,12%
Non 86,36%
Sans opinion 1,52%

From Velo101 today.

Aside from having to translate that into English it is a pretty
interesting result don't you think Sandy?

Old April 30th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 30, 5:58 am, "Sandy" wrote:
Les coureurs impliqués dans l'affaire Puerto doivent-ils être au départ
des
Grands Tours ?Oui 12,12%
Non 86,36%
Sans opinion 1,52%

From Velo101 today.

Aside from having to translate that into English it is a pretty
interesting result don't you think Sandy?

It would be even more interesting if we knew how the people who answered yes
or no defined "implicated".

Benjo

Old April 30th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Apr 30, 9:18 am, "benjo maso" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...
On Apr 30, 5:58 am, "Sandy" wrote:

Les coureurs impliqués dans l'affaire Puerto doivent-ils être au départ
des
Grands Tours ?Oui 12,12%
Non 86,36%
Sans opinion 1,52%

From Velo101 today.

Aside from having to translate that into English it is a pretty
interesting result don't you think Sandy?

It would be even more interesting if we knew how the people who answered yes
or no defined "implicated".

Benjo

Maybe this poll sheds some light on it:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070427/...e_dislike_dc_1

PARIS (Reuters) - The French dislike themselves even more than the
Americans dislike them, according to an opinion poll published on
Friday.
The survey of six nations, carried out for the International Herald
Tribune daily and France 24 TV station, said 44 percent of French
people thought badly of themselves against 38 percent of U.S.
respondents who had a negative view of the French

The French don't seem to be real happy campers at the moment.
Bill C

Old April 30th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

Dans le message de
oups.com,
Bill C a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
On Apr 30, 9:18 am, "benjo maso" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...
On Apr 30, 5:58 am, "Sandy" wrote:

Les coureurs impliqués dans l'affaire Puerto doivent-ils être au
départ des
Grands Tours ?Oui 12,12%
Non 86,36%
Sans opinion 1,52%

From Velo101 today.

Aside from having to translate that into English it is a pretty
interesting result don't you think Sandy?

It would be even more interesting if we knew how the people who
answered yes or no defined "implicated".

Benjo

Maybe this poll sheds some light on it:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070427/...e_dislike_dc_1

PARIS (Reuters) - The French dislike themselves even more than the
Americans dislike them, according to an opinion poll published on
Friday.
The survey of six nations, carried out for the International Herald
Tribune daily and France 24 TV station, said 44 percent of French
people thought badly of themselves against 38 percent of U.S.
respondents who had a negative view of the French

The French don't seem to be real happy campers at the moment.
Bill C

All that proves is that 56 percent of us lie. We are a nasty bunch. Why do
foreigners think that French are rude, arrogant and hostile to tourists? I
really think we go out of the way to be pleasant, compared to the way we
treat one another.
--
Sandy

Old April 30th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

Dans le message de ,
benjo maso a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 30, 5:58 am, "Sandy" wrote:
Les coureurs impliqués dans l'affaire Puerto doivent-ils être au
départ des
Grands Tours ?Oui 12,12%
Non 86,36%
Sans opinion 1,52%

From Velo101 today.

Aside from having to translate that into English it is a pretty
interesting result don't you think Sandy?

It would be even more interesting if we knew how the people who
answered yes or no defined "implicated".

Benjo

As you surely know, the web service caters to competition, so the large
majority see themselves as fit, competetive, etc. My thoughts - that the
great majority of voters in this poll see their perpetual losing (why else
would you read a rag, if you were on top and earning money?) as a result of
being clean while others dope.

Two local friends just returned in mid-season, leaving their pro teams. Not
because of doping, but because the motivation to win was destroyed, since
the better they did, the more spectators asked what they took to get there,
and the greater the suspicion amongst their peers.

Latest poll results, 5 times the earlier sample :

Oui 14,77%
Non 81,82%
Sans opinion 3,41%

--
Sandy

Old April 30th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Apr 30, 10:47 am, "Sandy" wrote:
Dans le message groups.com,
Bill C a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

On Apr 30, 9:18 am, "benjo maso" wrote:
wrote in message

groups.com...
On Apr 30, 5:58 am, "Sandy" wrote:

Les coureurs impliqués dans l'affaire Puerto doivent-ils être au
départ des
Grands Tours ?Oui 12,12%
Non 86,36%
Sans opinion 1,52%

From Velo101 today.

[...]

- de Sade.- Hide quoted text -

Must the be German in me, given the poll result, and living in
Germany, because other than a few, I hestitate to even call them
incidents in Paris I liked France and had no problems. My sister-in-
Law is going back over to teach seminars this summer and my daughter
is doing an intensive language exchange program with the University in
Tours this summer. I can't remember the name of the village, but it's
just across the border from Pirmasens Germany, that we used to go to
about once a month for great fresh fish and seafood, and we did a lot
of wandering around in the border area with great results.
I'd say the same thing about France and the French that I say about
the US. Most of the people are way too down on their Countries, and
way to ready to do it. We've both got a lot to fix, but the core is
still incredibly solid.
Bill C

Old April 30th 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan

On Apr 30, 11:58 am, "Sandy" wrote:
Les coureurs impliqués dans l'affaire Puerto doivent-ils être au départ des
Grands Tours ?Oui 12,12%
Non 86,36%
Sans opinion 1,52%

From Velo101 today.
Sandy

--
Si les autres parties du monde ont des singes ; l'Europe a des Français.
Cela se compense.
[Arthur Schopenhauer]

During the coverage of Liege Bastogne Liege yesterday, France
Television commentator Jean-Rene Goddard twice stated that the
initiative to turn away Puerto riders was a good thing for cycling
(France Television is owned by the State, not ASO). Colour commentator
Laurent Jalabert made no statement regarding this issue (Jalabert
represented the riders in the 1998 Tour and led the withdrawal of all
Spanish teams).

-ilan

Old April 30th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

Dans le message de
oups.com,
Bill C a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
On Apr 30, 10:47 am, "Sandy" wrote:
Dans le message
groups.com, Bill C
a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

On Apr 30, 9:18 am, "benjo maso" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...
On Apr 30, 5:58 am, "Sandy" wrote:

Les coureurs impliqués dans l'affaire Puerto doivent-ils être au
départ des
Grands Tours ?Oui 12,12%
Non 86,36%
Sans opinion 1,52%

From Velo101 today.

[...]

Write another nice thing about us, and your passport will be stamped "PNG"
for France !

Old April 30th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On 30 Apr 2007 07:13:34 -0700, Bill C wrote:

The survey of six nations, carried out for the International Herald
Tribune daily and France 24 TV station, said 44 percent of French
people thought badly of themselves against 38 percent of U.S.
respondents who had a negative view of the French

Not all that convinced that it is all that unhealthy. I would hope
that at least 40% of U.S. citizens would have a problem with where we
are right now. I know I do. And I'm not doing enough to set it
straight, so I'm not too happy with me, either. Writing checks these
days isn't nearly enough.

Now that I've flapped the Monday morning red flag, let me get back to
payroll...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Dick Pound and Morals Joe King Racing 25 September 19th 06 10:16 PM
Tour de France Chris Z The Wheelman General 14 July 5th 06 03:24 PM
MTB - FRANCE - 80 Km [email protected] UK 4 February 9th 06 08:59 PM
MTB 80 km - France [email protected] Techniques 0 December 29th 05 12:47 PM
Tour de france DVD byron27 Australia 1 October 8th 04 10:48 AM