Relaxing watch

Old December 16th 19, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Relaxing watch

I find this as relaxing to watch as it is to build the bike yourself (sorry about the adds). Warning it takes 15 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Ankrlg18A

just one movie per day ;-)

Lou
Old December 17th 19, 12:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/16/2019 3:41 PM, wrote:
I find this as relaxing to watch as it is to build the bike yourself (sorry about the adds). Warning it takes 15 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Ankrlg18A

just one movie per day ;-)

Lou

Oh.
I expected 'building a bike'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuazU0IJUGA

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 17th 19, 02:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/16/2019 6:55 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 19:41:51 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 12/16/2019 6:05 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/16/2019 3:41 PM, wrote:
I find this as relaxing to watch as it is to build the bike yourself
(sorry about the adds). Warning it takes 15 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Ankrlg18A

just one movie per day ;-)

Lou

Oh.
I expected 'building a bike'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuazU0IJUGA

Right, much more interesting!

Assembling a bike would be a challenge if someone first disassembled
absolutely every component that could be take apart and threw all the
bits in a bucket. Derailleur, brakes, cranks, hubs, etc. (OK, I'd skip
the chain.)

That would be a fitting puzzle for a Real Cyclist (TM).

For those who want a real bicycle...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxWrQNidlnA
:-)
--
cheers,

John B.

The comments under that video could have been RBT posts..

Old December 17th 19, 08:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 12/16/2019 3:41 PM, wrote:
I find this as relaxing to watch as it is to build the bike yourself
(sorry about the adds). Warning it takes 15 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Ankrlg18A

just one movie per day ;-)

Lou

Oh.
I expected 'building a bike'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuazU0IJUGA

Right, much more interesting!

Hmm, a grumpy old Japanese man heating a pipe with a torch in a messy barn... ;-)

Lou

Old December 17th 19, 02:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 12/16/2019 3:41 PM, wrote:
[...]

How about that for marketing crap.

Lou
Old December 17th 19, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 16/12/2019 22:41, wrote:
I find this as relaxing to watch as it is to build the bike yourself
(sorry about the adds). Warning it takes 15 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Ankrlg18A

Hokay, that's what I do, except I build my own wheels. Again, and
again, and again. I really need to *stop* assembling bikes!

Old December 18th 19, 04:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On 12/16/2019 3:41 PM, wrote:
[...]

And mostly deserved bashing. http://coastcycles.nyc/#intro Repro bikes bringing back the worst of the good old days. Who shellacs bar tape? And what's the fascination with cantis?

-- Jay Beattie.
Old December 18th 19, 04:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

On 12/16/2019 3:41 PM, wrote:
[...]

No lug steel? Second rate.
Old December 18th 19, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 12/16/2019 3:41 PM, wrote:
[...]

They didn't noticed that the world has moved on since the seventies last century. Canti's on a new custom bike? Fenders $1000?? WTF? Do you have to have a weird haircut and ungly tattoos to be a custom bike builder in Brooklyn?

Lou
Old December 18th 19, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/18/2019 10:28 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 5:44:14 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/16/2019 6:55 PM, John B. wrote:

For those who want a real bicycle...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxWrQNidlnA
:-)
--
cheers,

John B.

The comments under that video could have been RBT posts..

And mostly deserved bashing. http://coastcycles.nyc/#intro Repro bikes bringing back the worst of the good old days.

You sounds like a guy who walks into an art museum and says "What??
They're still using PAINT?? They're still hanging things on walls? Why
isn't this stuff all digital?"

Like it or not, art (AKA personal taste) influences bicycle design. And
as with modern houses (some built with Victorian, or farmhouse, or Arts
& Crafts era elements) there are people who prefer aesthetic elements
from earlier times. Ditto for cars, clothing, music, furnishings,
landscaping, etc.

Who shellacs bar tape? And what's the fascination with cantis?

I don't get shellac on bar tape. But cantis function very well. What's
the fascination with bashing them?

--
- Frank Krygowski