Back to the torch

Old March 8th 11, 12:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
John[_24_]

Default Back to the torch

On 2011-02-28, suzyj wrote:
On Feb 25, 3:18Â*pm, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

You almost done with the frame yet? Can't be too much left to go.

I just need to run a tap through the BB shell and apply paint. Oh,
and put a whole pile of components on it.

We're doing SRAM rival, with Fulcrum 3 wheels and a set of Look HSC3
carbon forks I've had hanging up in the garage for a few years.
According to my calculations, the whole thing should come in a couple
of hundred grams under 8kg, so not too shabby for a steel frames
bike. Modern components are stunningly light.

Never mind the weight - it's gorgeous! Let us know when you've painted
it.

--
John
"Cycling's enemy is not the car; it is the idiot. And idiots travel by
Old March 9th 11, 09:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
suzyj[_25_]

On Mar 8, 10:05*pm, John wrote:

Never mind the weight - it's gorgeous! *Let us know when you've painted
it. *

Still not painted, but together. Built with SRAM rival and Fulcrum
racing 3 wheels. Weight is 7.8kg, to the accuracy of my bathroom
scales, which unfortunately are +/- 100g). The pedals, saddle, and
seatpost are temporary, and will be replaced by slightly lighter ones,
so I expect the weight should end up 7.7 odd. I think that's not too
shabby.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzy_j/5511744062/

Cheers,

Suzy

Old March 9th 11, 07:24 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 9/03/2011 7:39 PM, suzyj wrote:
On Mar 8, 10:05 pm, wrote:

Never mind the weight - it's gorgeous! Let us know when you've painted
it.

Still not painted, but together. Built with SRAM rival and Fulcrum
racing 3 wheels. Weight is 7.8kg, to the accuracy of my bathroom
scales, which unfortunately are +/- 100g). The pedals, saddle, and
seatpost are temporary, and will be replaced by slightly lighter ones,
so I expect the weight should end up 7.7 odd. I think that's not too
shabby.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzy_j/5511744062/

Looking real good, mate You'll be riding it soon

small o/a torch preferences? patrick Techniques 3 June 19th 09 06:19 PM
new toolbox torch Ian Smith UK 2 January 19th 09 09:09 AM
using a high powered torch as a headlight?? Rex Australia 8 May 22nd 08 03:16 AM
FS: Airborne Ti Torch Oskar Marketplace 0 January 4th 06 04:20 PM
FS: Ti Airborne Torch w/fork Oskar Marketplace 0 November 30th 05 06:15 PM