NY cyclist strikes back

Old May 4th 16, 10:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default NY cyclist strikes back

http://nypost.com/2016/05/04/cyclist...-dispute-cops/

then again who hasn't thought about smacking a Prius driver
upside the head?
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 5th 16, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 04/05/16 22:16, AMuzi wrote:
http://nypost.com/2016/05/04/cyclist...-dispute-cops/

then again who hasn't thought about smacking a Prius driver upside the
head?

It's what 'D' locks are for!
Old May 5th 16, 12:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 12:03:29 AM UTC+1, Tosspot wrote:
On 04/05/16 22:16, AMuzi wrote:
http://nypost.com/2016/05/04/cyclist...-dispute-cops/

then again who hasn't thought about smacking a Prius driver upside the
head?

It's what 'D' locks are for!

I most heartily recommend the Abus Granit X-Plus 54 300mm D lock as a three pound hammer substitute. Among its options is a handy quick release clamp which you can mount just under the seat where your hand falls on it naturally when an SUV comes too near. Mine is 300mm/12in, is the right length to give you a good swing, and also long enough to fit around Big Apple tyres and the spread of tubes to contain them; the shorter 230mm version is good for road bikes and suchlike.

Andre Jute
Old May 5th 16, 02:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 5/4/2016 2:16 PM, AMuzi wrote:
http://nypost.com/2016/05/04/cyclist...-dispute-cops/

then again who hasn't thought about smacking a Prius driver upside the
head?

LOL.

I was at the World Prius Parade two weeks ago. The joke was that the
freeways were all moving much faster since there were less Priuses doing
hypermiling.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/ydqaf.jpg

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_29851719/prius-parade-sets-guinness-world-record?source=rss

The good news is that I have both visited the Guinness brewery AND I've
participated in breaking a Guinness World Record.

The bad news is that we still have a Prius in our driveway. I do not
like that car. I did not want that car. But SWMBO wanted it for that
lovely Green HOV lane sticker. And I have to admit that that sticker is
very nice to have
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/f5df9757-4df2-41d1-be96-8206a8e993b3/2/green_cav_decal.gif?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=f5df9757-4df2-41d1-be96-8206a8e993b3/2,
especially in southern California where the HOV lanes are 24/7.
Old May 5th 16, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/5/2016 9:28 AM, sms wrote:

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_29851719/prius-parade-sets-guinness-world-record?source=rss

en_cav_decal.gif?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=f5df9757-4df2-41d1-be96-8206a8e993b3/2,

How American! "Let's celebrate Earth Day by showing off our cars!"

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 5th 16, 05:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

? maybe in WI....here P drivers are small morphs of slight build...hitting one doesn't come up. prob kill it.

The P's run past me n I have the op to speak with them abt the silence prob as I'm at their destination near my garage.

They exhibit a regretful contriteness, weary that the world's gross consumption of energy n lack of discipline forced them into a Prius yet slightly snotty having made the right choice.

//////////////////////

you were in a World Prius Parade. Your horizon's capacity for ultimate tackiness is awesum. Gack.

https://goo.gl/m0g0eh

http://www.toyota.com/prius/

Old May 5th 16, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 12:09:39 PM UTC-4, wrote:
? maybe in WI....here P drivers are small morphs of slight build...hitting one doesn't come up. prob kill it.

The P's run past me n I have the op to speak with them abt the silence prob as I'm at their destination near my garage.

They exhibit a regretful contriteness, weary that the world's gross consumption of energy n lack of discipline forced them into a Prius yet slightly snotty having made the right choice.

//////////////////////

you were in a World Prius Parade. Your horizon's capacity for ultimate tackiness is awesum. Gack.

https://goo.gl/m0g0eh

http://www.toyota.com/prius/

and the question arises....are these Prius People using silence as a weapon to avenge their insecurity against larger people ?

not always

maybe

depends on the intended victim

some people are just born short assholes
Old May 6th 16, 03:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 5 May 2016 11:24:44 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 5/5/2016 9:28 AM, sms wrote:

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_29851719/prius-parade-sets-guinness-world-record?source=rss

en_cav_decal.gif?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=f5df9757-4df2-41d1-be96-8206a8e993b3/2,

How American! "Let's celebrate Earth Day by showing off our cars!"

I find it somehow a typical American myth that an electric car is
somehow going to alleviate global warming, a problem that essentially
has very little to do with automobiles :-)

(My apologies to all, perhaps the majority, the inhabitants of the
Americas who are not USians)
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old May 6th 16, 05:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

electric cars en masse would centralize individual vehicle hydrocarbon emissions ...look that up one of those gee whiz its megatonnage... and there controlled with industrial processes not functional out in the field.

there are lab working biological devices for splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen

Old May 6th 16, 05:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

On 5/5/2016 9:28 AM, sms wrote:

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_29851719/prius-parade-sets-guinness-world-record?source=rss

en_cav_decal.gif?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=f5df9757-4df2-41d1-be96-8206a8e993b3/2,

How American! "Let's celebrate Earth Day by showing off our cars!"

I find it somehow a typical American myth that an electric car is
somehow going to alleviate global warming, a problem that essentially
has very little to do with automobiles :-)

(My apologies to all, perhaps the majority, the inhabitants of the
Americas who are not USians)
--

Cheers,

John B.

a problem that essentially
has very little to do with automobiles :-)

a gross error....look at the earth's cites from Google Earth

Mark Weir: Nature Strikes Back! Mike Vandeman[_4_] Mountain Biking 0 February 22nd 14 04:53 PM
The Force Strikes Back Peter Howard[_4_] Techniques 18 November 24th 13 02:38 PM
Evans strikes back Keith Racing 70 October 4th 09 06:09 PM
Hit-and-run driver strikes cyclist, tears off clothes while running away Claire General 2 October 11th 05 03:04 PM
Hell Ride (the Empire strikes back) Hitchy Australia 109 March 30th 04 03:27 AM