Restaurants adapting

Old April 30th 20, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Restaurants adapting

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 13:00:01 +0200, Sepp Ruf
wrote:

jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 6:02:14 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:

Here all of the larger stores check you at the entrance; take your
temperature and ensure that you are wearing a mask. If you fail either
"test" they will not allow you to enter.

Do they also limit crowding inside, like 6 ft. distancing, or 1 customer per
200 sq.ft?
\

Yup, in places, checkout isles, for example there are lines on the
floor... but of course not at 6 feet. It is 2 meters :-)

Which is, I'm sure,is not intended to protect you, the customer, but to
protect the store from any allegations that they didn't take enough
care to alleviate the spread of the virus.

I'm confident that, a couple of armed noodles robberies later, they'll stop
their cargo cult. eg

Cargo Cult? What has Cargo Cult to do with the Virus?
Do you know what a cargo cult is?

--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 30th 20, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 7:27:50 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 6:02:14 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 07:03:04 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 4/27/2020 4:57 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

What Constitutional Right? The right not to be compelled to wear PPE? If your government can pass a helmet law, it can pass a PPE law. Remember the no-smoking laws, no drinking laws, no dancing on Sunday laws? How about no ferrets? https://wildlife.ca.gov/living-with-...ed-pet-species

You live in an animal hating hell hole! I wouldn't let nanny government infringe on my constitutional right to own a ferret -- particularly my open-carry ferret. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atHkSZEScjk And my hedgehog? Out of my cold, dead hands!

In the Bay Area, six counties now have some sort of face covering
requirement. Oddly, Santa Clara County, which was the epicenter in
California, does not. Two cities in Santa Clara County, including mine,
have mandated face coverings in limited circumstances. The reaction from
the public has been overwhelmingly positive, but of course there are a
handful of vocal people that are sounding like four year olds (sorry to
insult four year olds) with statements like:

"You can't make me"
"You're not the boss of me"
"Stuff It"
(I have not heard: "I'm gonna tell my mommy on you"...yet)

and of course the inevitable person comparing an order to wear face
coverings to Nazi Germany.

Inevitably, the people complaining the loudest are the most clueless,
not necessarily foolish enough to take the medications pushed by the
right-wing crazies, but incensed that medical experts are smarter than
them and have the legal right to mandate temporary behavior changes.

But I've seen some nice stuff too:

"I wear a mask in public, not for me, but for YOU. I want you to know
that I am educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still
give you the virus. No, I don’t “live in fear” of the virus, I just want
to be a part of the solution, not the problem. I don’t feel like the
“government is controlling me”, I feel like I’m being a contributing
adult to society and I want to teach others the same. The world doesn’t
revolve around me. It’s not all about me and my comfort. If we all could
live with other people's consideration in mind, this whole world would
be a much better place. Wearing a mask doesn’t make me weak, scared,
stupid or even “controlled”, it makes me considerate. When you think
about how you look, or how uncomfortable it is or what others think of
you, just imagine someone close to you. A father, a mother, grandparent,
Aunt or uncle choking on a respirator. Then ask yourself if you could
have sucked it up a little for them."

Here all of the larger stores check you at the entrance; take your
temperature and ensure that you are wearing a mask. If you fail either
"test" they will not allow you to enter.

Which is, I'm sure,is not intended to protect you, the customer, but
to protect the store from any allegations that they didn't take enough
care to alleviate the spread of the virus.

Costco just adopted a mandatory mask policy. They're infringing on my Constitution right to shop at Costco without a mask! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zNsUTWsOc

-- Jay Beattie.

Watch what occurs next election.
Old May 1st 20, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

jbeattie wrote:
[...]

A wall of toilet paper in the closet will protect the
household from evil. It's a new religion, not unlike the
prior cargo cults.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 1st 20, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

jbeattie wrote:
[...]

No, it is truly a cargo cult the toilet paper has to be given to you,
logically by a more advanced (wealthy) individual or group.

Somewhat reminiscent of unemployment - you don't work and someone
gives you money :-)
--
cheers,

John B.