leaking tubeless tire valve stem

Old May 1st 06, 03:34 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default leaking tubeless tire valve stem

I have a problem with a tubeless tire leaking air around the valve stem,
(lots of air). I've tried just about everything I can think of to seal the
thing, several new stems, silicon rubber seal, slime, putting a soft rubber
seal between the valve stem and the rim, o-rings, nothing works, the tire
will loose most of it's air within 15-20 minutes. It appears the valve
stem has worn an enlarged hole in the rim to the point where the air will
leak around the sides of the stem, probably from pumping it up, but I'm not
sure. I know a good fix will be to run a tube which is what I'm doing now,
but I would like to remain tubeless if possible.

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and found a fix?

BTW, they are Mavic rims, I have two bikes with tubeless tires, one never
leaks, the other never seals.

Old May 1st 06, 09:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

You may want to try a new rim. looks like you tried everything.