Bigger and Better

Old November 19th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
p1choco

Default Bigger and Better

I am still fairly new to the sport of unicycling and after grasping the
basic concepts, I figured it was time to move on to bigger and better
things. Thus far all my attempts to make a custom unicycle have been
thwarted mostly by the lack of resources and shop services. So I went
out and bought a DX. I figured more bang for the buck until my custom
is ready.

So off to the park I went to play with my new toy. I first noticed
that unassisted mounting was easier, as was general riding. I don't
know if it was all in my head but it just felt that way.

So with some protective gear on I try and turn it up a notch. I
attempted a lot of new things that I've never tried before. I don't
know what kind of mount it's called but it the one where you just jump
right on top and hope you don't smash the twig and berries. After
getting over the fear landing "wrong" I managed to land it a few
times. My balance is improving. Am am now able to hop a little and
also attempted a few static 180's SIF. I still need work on that and
idling but I'm getting way better.

I figure now I'll reserve some more time unicycling. I don't get
enough. I work too hard and have less time on the weekends because
there is always something for me to do. It feels nice to vent all this
because nobody cares, other than the few neighborhood kids that watch
me practice on my "circus bike" and my girlfriend.

--
p1choco
p1choco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13470

Old November 19th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

If you're holding the saddle it's a jump mount, if you fully let the
unicycle go before you jump it's known as the suicide mount.

--
kington99

Dave

Old November 19th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

its called a suicide mount. yea, unicycling is like biking, once you get
off the learner bike you can do bigger and better stuff.

beat me to it kington

--
zfreak220

iridemymuni wrote:
i think everybody agrees when i say you lucky son of a bitch

zfreak220's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11948

Old November 19th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
creag44

zfreak220 wrote:
its called a suicide mount. yea, unicycling is like biking, once you get
off the learner bike you can do bigger and better stuff.

beat me to it kington

Thats the truth. I had a crap uni that I bought awhile ago and really
couldnt do much but ride it and a some mounts and what not. I just
bought a Summit a few weeks ago, and just riding it a couple of times,
i have hopped over everything I can find, went up stairs and down.
Thrown unispins, 180's up on curbs and off. It is just a whole new
world with this uni. I could never land any of that stuff on my old one
thats for sure.

--
creag44
creag44's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13656

Old November 20th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dan de man

p1choco wrote:
few neighborhood kids that watch me practice on my "circus bike" and my
girlfriend.

practice what with your GF exactly?

--
dan de man

\"underestimate zombies and you get eaten\"
i got post 77000&99000&11001 in 'm'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27264)'r'
(http://tinyurl.com/m6hs6)
'.' (http://tinyurl.com/gsfgg)'.' (http://postsecret.blogspot.com/)'.'
(http://tinyurl.com/f7bag)
pm me to rent a . any site you want (nothing rude though)
ice_cold_uni6 wrote:
not only can life be a pie, it can also be a sponge made entirely from
deodorant soap and alligator skin.

Belive almighty \"Jerrick\" the wise
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Old November 20th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

dan de man wrote:
practice what with your GF exactly?

couldnt resist now could you?

well nice one m8, i agree ever since i got my koxx red devil.... i just
found my hopping is easier.. and uhm... suicide mount is it really
called that? Cuase its really not that hard.... LOL

The second day i got my koxx1 i decided to learn to jump mount, the
first time i landed it no problem... so i got bored of that and did
some variations i could think of, firstly one handed.... then
jumpmounting straight to hopping, then jump mounting to SIF, then
unispin 180 jumpounting (that one i can only land 1 in 2.... even with
lots of practice... looks well cool though ) and then the suicide
mount just came when i got bored and realised i really wasnt using my
hands anyways they were just to reassure me...

Just keep hopping onto stuff... today i suprised myself by hopping at
least onto a bench... never done it before... i just concentrated, went
for a little prehop, and next thing i know i'm on the bench with some
idiot shouting "now how your gonna get down?"

I mean wot the hell ? I got up there duh, its pretty obvious i'm gonna
jump off !

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

BIGGER BIKE FOR BIGGER DROPS Syd Mountain Biking 2 April 23rd 06 04:24 AM
bigger tire x1psh1x Unicycling 18 March 19th 06 09:37 PM
Little Fish gets bigger? mfhor Australia 6 February 8th 05 12:06 PM
switching to a bigger uni steveyo Unicycling 13 January 21st 05 06:22 PM
Is Bigger Better? Cory Dunkle General 2 July 14th 03 02:58 AM