"I try to be cynical, I just can't keep up."

Old March 18th 20, 01:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default "I try to be cynical, I just can't keep up."

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/an-ins...l-aid-society/

(header quotation from Lilly Tomlin)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 18th 20, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, 18 March 2020 09:25:34 UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/an-ins...l-aid-society/

(header quotation from Lilly Tomlin)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

The nutcases are running loose amongst us.

Cheers
Old March 18th 20, 05:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/18/2020 12:04 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, 18 March 2020 09:25:34 UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/an-ins...l-aid-society/

(header quotation from Lilly Tomlin)

The nutcases are running loose amongst us.

Speaking of hysteria I've had the same email address forever
and so my mail is filled with Wuhan Virus Updates from every
supplier in my industry and every vendor I've ever used (car
parts and so on). Not one of those had anything important
or even interesting to say.

I mentioned it to my employee who is very active on social
media and he said his is much much worse, just an overload
of 'look at me! I'm important!' when in fact that's just not
the case.

Old March 18th 20, 09:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 10:24:08 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/18/2020 12:04 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, 18 March 2020 09:25:34 UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/an-ins...l-aid-society/

(header quotation from Lilly Tomlin)

The nutcases are running loose amongst us.

Speaking of hysteria I've had the same email address forever
and so my mail is filled with Wuhan Virus Updates from every
supplier in my industry and every vendor I've ever used (car
parts and so on). Not one of those had anything important
or even interesting to say.

I mentioned it to my employee who is very active on social
media and he said his is much much worse, just an overload
of 'look at me! I'm important!' when in fact that's just not
the case.

I have a friend who is a cop and he is absolutely NUTS about Co-vid19. Surely death is to be visited upon us. He doesn't seem to realize that flu spreads from a single point just like the corona virus and despite and entire industry built upon trying to limit the flu, since November 1st 22,000 people have died from the flu vs. 97 from the corona virus. He seems to think that we all have the flu and it mutates in everyone at the same time.

They love to misquote the President as saying that the virus was a hoax when he said that the politicization of it was a hoax. Now that the Lame Stream Media has successfully propagandized people to believe that the end is here Trump is now forced to take large and entirely unnecessary measures to try and calm the fears by making them believe that Big Brother is going to protect them when in fact there is absolutely nothing that is going to prevent this virus from running its course.

Other than the measures that private pharmaceutical companies are doing now that Trump stopped the red tape. There is a drug that appears to stop the worst reactions to the virus in the worst case patients and using the plasma (blood) of those who have gotten over the virus has antibodies that stop an infection or kill and early one.

I wonder what these people are going to do with those 800 cases of toilet paper they have in their garages with the new car parked out in the snow?
Old March 18th 20, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 5:17:36 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 10:24:08 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/18/2020 12:04 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I mentioned it to my employee who is very active on social
media and he said his is much much worse, just an overload
of 'look at me! I'm important!' when in fact that's just not
the case.

Yes, the warnings do get a bit redundant. Part of the motivation may
be the videos of people still in bars, getting drunk and hugging strangers....

I have a friend who is a cop and he is absolutely NUTS about Co-vid19.

Aw heck, he probably knows how to read! Give him a break. Not everyone
can be ignorant.

Surely death is to be visited upon us. He doesn't seem to realize that flu spreads from a single point just like the corona virus and despite and entire industry built upon trying to limit the flu, since November 1st 22,000 people have died from the flu vs. 97 from the corona virus. He seems to think that we all have the flu and it mutates in everyone at the same time.

Tom, if you had completed any education beyond your junior year of
high school, you might understand concepts like "rate of change".
You might understand the hard limits on critical care equipment, and
the difference it would make if the peak number of critical cases is
held below that limit, even if the grand total remains the same.

But those are all concepts that can't easily be reduced to a sound
bite. Some of them require gasp! mathematics, and even graphs! So I
do sympathize with your difficulties.

They love to misquote the President as saying that the virus was a hoax when he said that the politicization of it was a hoax.

Worse than that, some of the media are actually posting video clips
showing Trump saying what he actually said. The nerve!!

Now that the Lame Stream Media has successfully propagandized people to believe that the end is here Trump is now forced to take large and entirely unnecessary measures to try and calm the fears by making them believe that Big Brother is going to protect them when in fact there is absolutely nothing that is going to prevent this virus from running its course.

And not only is Trump being "forced" to do something. So are the
governments of China, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Poland, Russia,
UK, Singapore, Australia...

You've got to get your robe, your big sign on a stick, and march out
to stop this mess! I hope your beard is long enough!

- Frank Krygowski

Old March 18th 20, 11:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 10:46:53 PM UTC, Tom Kunich wrote:

A plastic surgeon received a call to work on a jockey who had fallen in a race killing the horse. Although the damage was extensive he managed to attach the jockey's brain damaged head to the horses ass and built Nancy Pelosi.

I won't hear a word said against Nancy Pelosi. She is my favourite American politician. Nobody is as prayerfully hypocritical as Mrs Pelosi. By herself, with only a little help from the barmaid AOL, Pelosi will be responsible for Trump winning the White House for another term, and both chambers of Congress. Nancy will go down in Swamp History as the Mistress of the Massacre. -- AJ
Old March 19th 20, 09:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rolf Mantel[_2_]

Am 19.03.2020 um 00:24 schrieb Tom Kunich:
But you unfailingly ignorant meathead think that the 7,300 patients
of corona virus are going to overload the public health care system.

It's not the 7.300 patients today that's going to overload but the
doubling every three day.
Handle 7300 patients today, OK
Handle 15,000 patients on March 22, OK
Handle 30,000 patients on March 25, OK
Handle 60,000 patients on March 28, collapse if they all need hospital
treatment. Luckily, only 10% do.
Handle 120,000 Patients (12.000 in hospital) on April 1, OK
Handle 250.000 pateints (25.000 in hospital) on April 04, collapse
threatened.

In Italy, they have already reached the state where half of the serious
cases don't get intensive care due to lack of beds (i.e. docors need to
choose which patients get help and which patients get pain killers to die).

So we need the lock-down to reduce this "doubling every three days" to
"doubling every week", and then an even more severe lockdown to reach
"doubling every month", then we have a hope that the health system copes.
Old March 19th 20, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Rolf Mantel wrote:
Am 19.03.2020 um 00:24 schrieb Tom Kunich:
But you unfailingly ignorant meathead think that the 7,300 patients
of corona virus are going to overload the public health care system.

When it's getting darker and you seem too frail to make it through the cold
night, just whistle louder!

It's not the 7.300 patients today that's going to overload but the
doubling every three day.
Handle 7300 patients today, OK
Handle 15,000 patients on March 22, OK
Handle 30,000 patients on March 25, OK
Handle 60,000 patients on March 28, collapse if they all need hospital
treatment. Luckily, only 10% do.
Handle 120,000 Patients (12.000 in hospital) on April 1, OK
Handle 250.000 pateints (25.000 in hospital) on April 04, collapse
threatened.

Nature might be non-linear, but evolution is merciless.

In Italy, they have already reached the state where half of the serious
cases don't get intensive care due to lack of beds (i.e. docors need to
choose which patients get help and which patients get pain killers to die).

So we need the lock-down to reduce this "doubling every three days" to
"doubling every week", and then an even more severe lockdown to reach
"doubling every month", then we have a hope that the health system copes.

We need brains-on and Infectiology-Hygiene 101, NOW. Open your eyes:
Almost no masks, almost no gloves, almost no disinfections at supermarkets,
no massive manpower at work rigorously disinfecting mass transport and
handles, no disinfections even where parliamentarians orate on TV, without
masks and spit on the same pieces of plastic and wood veneer, then touch
with their hands.

People still don't understand they should just be assuming that they
themselves and everybody else out there are infectious even when
symptom-free. The MSM are sending out inadequate feelgood messages about
toilet paper quickly being restocked, and about random aid to seniors by
incompetent, untested do-gooders, instead of illustrating the infectious
droplets like effin glowing alpha particles spreading from lungs and hands.
Old March 19th 20, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, 19 March 2020 10:46:32 UTC-4, Sepp Ruf wrote:
Rolf Mantel wrote:
[...]

+1,000!

Good post

Cheers
Old March 19th 20, 03:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 3/19/2020 5:57 AM, Rolf Mantel wrote:
Am 19.03.2020 um 00:24 schrieb Tom Kunich:
But you unfailingly ignorant meathead think that the 7,300 patients
of corona virus are going to overload the public health care system.

It's not the 7.300 patients today that's going to overload but the
doubling every three day.
Handle 7300 patients today, OK
Handle 15,000 patients on March 22, OK
Handle 30,000 patients on March 25, OK
Handle 60,000 patients on March 28, collapse if they all need hospital
treatment.Â* Luckily, only 10% do.
Handle 120,000 Patients (12.000 in hospital) on April 1, OK
Handle 250.000 pateints (25.000 in hospital) on April 04, collapse
threatened.

In Italy, they have already reached the state where half of the serious
cases don't get intensive care due to lack of beds (i.e. docors need to
choose which patients get help and which patients get pain killers to die).

So we need the lock-down to reduce this "doubling every three days" to
"doubling every week", and then an even more severe lockdown to reach
"doubling every month", then we have a hope that the health system copes.

The core problem is, the innumerate among us have a five second
attention span, and only accept information that contains no numbers.

Exponential? Rate of change? Percentages? Too many syllables! Those mean
nothing to them.

--
- Frank Krygowski