any experience with these bikes.

Old September 27th 05, 12:26 PM
Callistus Valerius

Default any experience with these bikes.

Any experience with these types of bikes
http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/ . They've been selling like hotcakes
around here. The price is right.

Old September 27th 05, 12:59 PM

Great on the flats, horrible in the mountains.

Old September 27th 05, 01:38 PM
Paul Cassel

Callistus Valerius wrote:
Any experience with these types of bikes
http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/ . They've been selling like hotcakes
around here. The price is right.

What are folks using them for? They don't seem street legal to me for
use as a motorcycle. As they have an engine, they are illegal in the
'bike only' lanes / trails. Personally speaking, I'd like to see bicycle
paths opened to these type of vehicles, but AFAIK, they aren't now.
Old September 27th 05, 01:50 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Paul Cassel wrote:
Callistus Valerius wrote:
Any experience with these types of bikes
http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/ . They've been selling like hotcakes
around here. The price is right.

What are folks using them for? They don't seem street legal to me for
use as a motorcycle. As they have an engine, they are illegal in the
'bike only' lanes / trails. Personally speaking, I'd like to see bicycle
paths opened to these type of vehicles, but AFAIK, they aren't now.

WHY?? Do you want to be smacked by a 100 pounds of bicycle? These
things have no place on the bike paths/lanes. If you want a 'scooter',
buy a scooter and ride them on the road. If you want to use bike paths
and lanes, buy a bicycle.

These along with SH_T Segways are a waste of time.

Old September 27th 05, 02:10 PM
Jasper Janssen

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:26:47 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
wrote:

Any experience with these types of bikes
http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/ . They've been selling like hotcakes
around here. The price is right.

Pretty neat dual-drive solution, too.

Jasper
Old September 27th 05, 02:56 PM
Callistus Valerius

WHY?? Do you want to be smacked by a 100 pounds of bicycle? These
things have no place on the bike paths/lanes. If you want a 'scooter',
buy a scooter and ride them on the road. If you want to use bike paths
and lanes, buy a bicycle.

These along with SH_T Segways are a waste of time.

Kind of like why mopeds never took off. Too heavy to be a bike, and
too slow to be a scooter. I think why they are selling, is because they're
cheap ($500). Have no idea how safe or unsafe they are.

Old September 27th 05, 04:37 PM
maxo

The US is the ONLY place mopeds never took off.

The motorized bikes seem to be a fantastic solution for the responsible
adult commuter.

However, there is an issue with the environmental impact of these small
engines. Like the engines built for lawn and garden use, such little
motors are notorious for spewing hydrocarbons into the atmosphere. An
Escalade will emit less.

If you live in a place with smog, your might want to give the asthmatic
kids a fighting chance and avoid, but I wouldn't completely dismiss
this fun little vehicle.

Would look a lot cooler with Nitto Priest bars, imho.

Old September 27th 05, 05:54 PM
Ken M

Callistus Valerius wrote:
Any experience with these types of bikes
http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/ . They've been selling like hotcakes
around here. The price is right.

I have seen several thing like this in my town, mostly they seem to
ridden by pre-licensed teens. They look a little scarey to me. These
look like they got the frames from an x-mart and slapped an engine to
the frame. Thanks but no thanks, I will stick with my two leg power.

Ken

Old September 27th 05, 10:55 PM
Vee

Paul Cassel wrote:
Callistus Valerius wrote:
Any experience with these types of bikes
http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/ . They've been selling like hotcakes
around here. The price is right.

What are folks using them for? They don't seem street legal to me for
use as a motorcycle. As they have an engine, they are illegal in the
'bike only' lanes / trails. Personally speaking, I'd like to see bicycle
paths opened to these type of vehicles, but AFAIK, they aren't now.

If these 2-wheeled chainsaws can go 40mph, they should slog through
traffic with the cars. Why would you even suggest putting such a
contraption on a bike path?

-Vee

Old September 27th 05, 11:06 PM
Ken M

Vee wrote:
Paul Cassel wrote:
Callistus Valerius wrote:
Any experience with these types of bikes
http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/ . They've been selling like hotcakes
around here. The price is right.

What are folks using them for? They don't seem street legal to me for
use as a motorcycle. As they have an engine, they are illegal in the
'bike only' lanes / trails. Personally speaking, I'd like to see bicycle
paths opened to these type of vehicles, but AFAIK, they aren't now.

If these 2-wheeled chainsaws can go 40mph, they should slog through
traffic with the cars. Why would you even suggest putting such a
contraption on a bike path?

-Vee

Because putting them on the road with other MV's would require much
more hardware such as headlights, tail-lights, turn signal indicators
etc etc etc.
And from what I know of such things that is the reason that they only
have 48cc engines.

Ken

And I wouldn't want to run into one of these things on a bike path
going 40mph!

restore or scavenge...? C.J.Patten General 30 July 28th 05 01:10 AM
Where are the inexpensive steel bikes? Werehatrack Techniques 32 June 24th 04 05:04 PM
Mutant Road Bikes Dave Mayer General 29 March 12th 04 05:48 AM
First road bike: braking? Alan Hoyle General 47 September 28th 03 11:40 PM