'solid' tyres

Old October 4th 04, 01:53 AM
smokey

Default 'solid' tyres

"Gwood" wrote in message ...
I've seen them in the hardware store in Goldendale, Washington, USA. Due to
this rather remote location, I assumed they were kind of a joke. I took a
look at them, and I sure wouldn't be doing any challenging riding on them.
They seem pretty solid, so I suspect the ride would be unpleasant at best.

The hardware store website lists various tires but does not specify if they
are the solid ones I saw.
http://doitbest.com/shop/default.asp... X2&mbrid=5577

Not sure what type of punctures you get, but my best luck has been with
slime tubes. For a few bucks they'll stop most small punctures like thorns,
small glass bits and small nails. Preventing little leaks with slime tubes
has been helpful in preventing pinch flats and sidewall problems too.

Cheers
Gary

I tried a pair of solid tires several years ago after a spate of flats
and found out quickly I had made a mistake. They don't get traction,
feel dead, ride horribly, and one rolled off my front rim in a rutted
corner. Slime tubes are definitely a better answer for the thorns we
have around here.

"Jeremy Watts" wrote in message
Hi,

I've got a mountain bike and I do a lot of touring on it. Thing is I tend

go away for days on end sometimes and so end up taking camping gear.

Because
the bike is loaded down a bit I tend to get more punctures than I would
unloaded, and changing a flaat when the bikes got luggage on it is a pain.

I was wondering whether there is such a thing as solid tyres ie. tyres

that
are solid rubber and have no inner tube. I know old bikes sometimes have
this type of tyre but I cant say I've seen them for 26in wheel mountain
bikes.

Anyone know if anybody makes them?

'solid' tyres Jeremy Watts Marketplace 4 September 21st 04 12:28 AM
road tyres geepeetee General 3 July 28th 04 10:41 AM
C2C tyres advice Paul Young UK 9 May 27th 04 03:00 PM
20mm vs 23mm tyres Dave Australia 4 December 28th 03 12:49 PM