2 arrested over attack on cyclist riding along Hinckley street

Old September 23rd 20, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default 2 arrested over attack on cyclist riding along Hinckley street

QUOTE:
Two people have been arrested in connection with an assault on a cyclist who was attacked as he rode along a street.

Police detained the two men after the cyclist, who is in his 30s, was injured when a number of people got out of a car and punched and kicked him as he cycled along Butt Lane in Hinckley on Sunday. He was treated and discharged from hospital on Monday, police said.

A 32-year-old man, from Hinckley, and a 27-year-old man, from Stoney Stanton, were arrested on suspicion of assault in connection with the incident, which saw the cyclist taken to hospital.

The two men have since been released on police bail while inquiries continue.

The victim told investigators that he had been cycling along Butt Lane, near the junction with Woodland Road, between 7.30pm and 8pm when a small, white car had pulled up behind him.

A number of men were reported to have got out of the car and began punching and kicking the victim before getting back into the car, which then left the area.

The victim suffered a number of injuries from the attack.

Police believe the suspects are known to the victim.

Officers are continuing to appeal to anyone with any information in relation to the incident to make contact.

Detective Inspector Emma Matts said: “This is a nasty assault which has been carried out on a man who was cycling through the area.
Click to play
These are the rights you didn't know cyclists have

“Our inquiries are continuing into the incident and we urge anyone who has any information and has not yet spoken to police to make contact with us.

“Please think back to if you were in the area on Sunday evening and anything you may have seen or heard.

"If you have any CCTV or dashcam footage we urge you to check this for any information it may hold which could help our inquiries including any information in relation to the white car which is reported to have been involved in this incident.”

Anyone with any information should contact 101.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...yclist-4542177
Old September 23rd 20, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 23/09/2020 17:40, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

So it's almost a flat guarantee that this was nothing to do with the car
and nothing to do with the bike and everything to do with some
pre-existing grudge against the man "in his 30s".

No doubt we'll eventually hear what it was and how it arose.
Old September 23rd 20, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Wednesday, 23 September 2020 at 17:56:06 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Nugent are correct for once.