OT, but makes me feel better whilst towing ...

Old January 20th 05, 09:48 PM
Paul - xxx

Default OT, but makes me feel better whilst towing ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4190985.stm

"A Highways Agency trial which kept caravans in the slow lane on a
section of the M5 had "no significant effect on the level of congestion"

"The Highways Agency studied CCTV footage during the trial period. It
says some of the recordings showed "a minority of other drivers are not
properly considerate and have poor lane discipline."

Something those with an open mind knew anyway.

--
Paul ...
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php

Old January 20th 05, 11:04 PM
Alan Braggins

In article , Paul - xxx wrote:

"The Highways Agency studied CCTV footage during the trial period. It
says some of the recordings showed "a minority of other drivers are not
properly considerate and have poor lane discipline."

In more late-breaking news, water is wet and sun rises in east....
Old January 21st 05, 03:35 AM
Jon Senior

Alan Braggins wrote:
water is wet

This actually made New Scientist once. Apparently after careful
research, a team had concluded that a minimum of 7 molecules of H2O were
required for "wetness" to occur!

Jon
Old January 21st 05, 10:21 AM
PeteC

Jon Senior wrote:
Alan Braggins wrote:
water is wet

This actually made New Scientist once. Apparently after careful
research, a team had concluded that a minimum of 7 molecules of H2O
were required for "wetness" to occur!

Jon

But if you are completely submerged, you don't feel wet - even though you're
in contact with many more than 7 molecules... perhaps that's the second part
of their investigation!

Pete.

Old January 21st 05, 12:45 PM
Alan Braggins

In article , Jon Senior wrote:
Alan Braggins wrote:
water is wet

This actually made New Scientist once. Apparently after careful
research, a team had concluded that a minimum of 7 molecules of H2O were
required for "wetness" to occur!

Hmm. Is there a minimum number of drivers necessary for poor lane discipline
to occur?
Old January 21st 05, 01:05 PM
Phil Cook

On 21 Jan 2005 11:45:06 +0000 (GMT), Alan Braggins wrote:

Hmm. Is there a minimum number of drivers necessary for poor lane discipline
to occur?

It only takes one if they are a member of CLOG

Old January 24th 05, 05:24 AM
Graeme

"Paul - xxx" wrote in
:

"A Highways Agency trial which kept caravans in the slow lane on a
section of the M5 had "no significant effect on the level of
congestion"

Now let's see what happens if they repeated this on something other than
a multi-lane motorway. I used to get pretty frustrated being stuck
behind caravans around various parts of Scotland, but just sat there
waiting until it was safe (if ever) to overtake rather than sit there
trundling along at 40mph.

When I used to drive a minibus towing a trailer full of kayaks I used to
pull over whenever possible if there was more than a couple of vehicles
behind me or I felt that I was delaying one particular vehicle
excessively. If you're restricted to 50mph maximum speed then it's just
common courtesy.

The story is a bit different in Western Australia. If you drive from
Perth to Kalgoorlie you might be unlucky enough to get stuck behind a
Haulpac (one of these
http://www.prestigetyres.com.au/gall...ures/haulpac03
). Then there is *nothing* you can do until the driver pulls over as
these things take up the whole road and some of the verge on either side
too. Luckily it's only happened to me once though.

Graeme
Old January 24th 05, 10:01 PM
the.Mark

"Simon Brooke" wrote in message
in message , Graeme
') wrote:

The story is a bit different in Western Australia. If you drive from
Perth to Kalgoorlie you might be unlucky enough to get stuck behind a
Haulpac (one of these

http://www.prestigetyres.com.au/gall...ures/haulpac03
). Then there is *nothing* you can do until the driver pulls over as
these things take up the whole road and some of the verge on either
side too. Luckily it's only happened to me once though.

And this is what happens if you argue the toss:
URL:http://www.prestigetyres.com.au/gallery1/Miscellaneous-pictures/crushed

--

SMIDSY?
--