New cage mount device added to "Adding Water Bottle Cages to Bicycleswithout Braze-Ons" web site.

Old February 29th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Default New cage mount device added to "Adding Water Bottle Cages to Bicycleswithout Braze-Ons" web site.

I was in a bicycle shop earlier today, looking for a side-entry water
bottle cage. They didn't have any, but I did notice a new handlebar
mount water bottle cage adapter from Giant. It's not on the Giant web site.

I added it to my web site, "Adding Water Bottle Cages to Bicycles
without Braze-Ons" at "http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/"

Images are at "http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/IMG_0229.JPG" and
"http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/IMG_0230.JPG"

This would also be adaptable to attach a flashlight to the handlebars,
using two conduit clamps attached to the bottle cage holes.
Old February 29th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Feb 28, 8:50 pm, SMS wrote:
I was in a bicycle shop earlier today, looking for a side-entry water
bottle cage. They didn't have any, but I did notice a new handlebar
mount water bottle cage adapter from Giant. It's not on the Giant web site.

I added it to my web site, "Adding Water Bottle Cages to Bicycles
without Braze-Ons" at "http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/"

Images are at "http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/IMG_0229.JPG" and
"http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/IMG_0230.JPG"

This would also be adaptable to attach a flashlight to the handlebars,
using two conduit clamps attached to the bottle cage holes.

You're still missing something gimbal mounted for the handlebars. Some
of us treasure every last drop of beer! Chop chop!
Old February 29th 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

On Feb 29, 8:44 am, landotter wrote:

You're still missing something gimbal mounted for the handlebars.

It was already at http://bicyclecoffeesystems.com, but now I put it up
on the cage site as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Steve

Don't Drink and Drive. You might hit a bump and spill your drink.
Old February 29th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Feb 29, 11:37 am, SMS wrote:
On Feb 29, 8:44 am, landotter wrote:

You're still missing something gimbal mounted for the handlebars.

It was already athttp://bicyclecoffeesystems.com, but now I put it up
on the cage site as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Steve

Don't Drink and Drive. You might hit a bump and spill your drink.

Nice! I thought one would have to adapt a marine beverage retention
system.
Old February 29th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Veloise

SMS wrote:
... new handlebar
mount water bottle cage adapter from Giant. It's not on the Giant web site.

I added it to my web site, "Adding Water Bottle Cages to Bicycles
without Braze-Ons" at "http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/"

Hey, I often find interesting padded nylon bottle holders in various
sporting goods departments. My favorite has a huge wide velcro-
attaching flap extending from the top (would work on a horizontal
tube), along with a sewn-on loop to slip a belt through, and a swivel
clip. Also a zipper pocket and reflective trim. Folds flat.

That might work really well on a folding bike, with the added utility
of hands-free airport carrying capability.

HTH

--Karen D.