Linear

Old August 24th 03, 12:50 AM
WP

Default Linear

Anyone here own a Linear? I bought one about a month and a half ago and have
only seen 2 others. I bought it used as a store demo so I still got the
guarantee from the store (not the manufacturer since they weren't in production
at the time). Got a good deal since I got it for less than the low end of the
Easy Racer. I am pretty happy with it and glad to see that The Bicycle Man is
starting to produce them again. What are your thoughts or experiences with
Linear?

Old August 24th 03, 05:58 AM
Jeff Heimsch

I have both a long wheel base model and the short wheel base model. I love
them both!!! Linear gets little respect these days, but they are a very nice
bent, especially for a beginner. I really hope The Bicycle Man is
succcessful in resurrecting the Linear line. Kevin Atkins has a neat Linear
web site. Perhaps someone could post the URL. The Linears are simple, no
frills machines that are a pleasure to ride.

news

Old August 24th 03, 06:52 PM
Jeff Heimsch

Thanks. However use this one. It's newer and more complete.

http://129.79.22.9/linear/index.html

"P. Hardewig @fuse.net" pjwignospam wrote in message
Kevin Atkins' Recumbent Page:
http://129.79.22.9/bicycle.html

"Jeff Heimsch" wrote in message
I have both a long wheel base model and the short wheel base model. I

love
them both!!! Linear gets little respect these days, but they are a very

nice
bent, especially for a beginner. I really hope The Bicycle Man is
succcessful in resurrecting the Linear line. Kevin Atkins has a neat

Linear
web site. Perhaps someone could post the URL. The Linears are simple, no
frills machines that are a pleasure to ride.

news

Old August 25th 03, 01:11 AM
Pieter Litchfield

A few years ago I struggled with a Linear USS model. It was very difficult
for me to get going from a standstill. It squeeked where all the components
were clamped to the aluminum main beam. I almost gave up on bents. Then I
rode an ET and it was like night and day. I bought it. I rode a friends
Vision USS with much fear. No problem. It wasn't me - it was the Linear
that caused the problem. I'm not promoting TE or any other bent - I just
had a very fdifficult time with the Linear.

"P. Hardewig @fuse.net" pjwignospam wrote in message
Kevin Atkins' Recumbent Page:
http://129.79.22.9/bicycle.html

"Jeff Heimsch" wrote in message
I have both a long wheel base model and the short wheel base model. I

love
them both!!! Linear gets little respect these days, but they are a very

nice
bent, especially for a beginner. I really hope The Bicycle Man is
succcessful in resurrecting the Linear line. Kevin Atkins has a neat

Linear
web site. Perhaps someone could post the URL. The Linears are simple, no
frills machines that are a pleasure to ride.

news

Old August 25th 03, 12:43 PM
Victor Kan

Pieter Litchfield wrote:
I rode a friends
Vision USS with much fear. No problem. It wasn't me - it was the Linear
that caused the problem.

I had just the opposite experience the first time I rode bents (at the
Mt Airy Bike Shop's annual Bent Event).

The Linear USS steering felt instantly so natural, while the Vision USS
with its tremendous tiller effect were scary to me.

I also couldn't get used to the BikeE and RANS Stratus ASS steering at
all. Whenever I turned, it always felt like I was going to fall over.
It wasn't just ASS vs. USS though since I felt very comfy with the
steering on the V-Rex, Goldrush and EZ-1 bikes.

I liked the Linear Mach III so much I decided to buy one pretty much
immediately after riding it, though I ride a tadpole trike (and a DF
road bike :-/ ) nowadays and no longer have the Linear.

--
I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.