It's A Whole New Race

Old July 26th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default It's A Whole New Race

It is possible that any one of the top three can be in yellow at the
end of the Saturday TT.

It's also possible that Popo could gain enough time on Valverde to put
him into 6th.

Imagine the position of Discovery Channel looking for a new sponsor
being able to say that they put 3 riders in the top 6 - especially if
they take the top step!

My guess is that Cadel will take the win but it's hard to say at this
point. Levi has been known to really pull off super TT's every now and
again.

Contador has the capability of doing well but we have to remember that
it's really difficult for someone under 25 to maintain total
concentration without psyching themselves out.

Old July 26th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 26, 4:18 pm, wrote:
[...]

Where did you learn that? I know many Olympic Champions in a variety
of sports who were under 25.

As long as he is juiced he will be fine

Old July 26th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Nakashima

wrote in message
oups.com...
It is possible that any one of the top three can be in yellow at the
end of the Saturday TT.

It's also possible that Popo could gain enough time on Valverde to put
him into 6th.

Imagine the position of Discovery Channel looking for a new sponsor
being able to say that they put 3 riders in the top 6 - especially if
they take the top step!

My guess is that Cadel will take the win but it's hard to say at this
point. Levi has been known to really pull off super TT's every now and
again.

Contador has the capability of doing well but we have to remember that
it's really difficult for someone under 25 to maintain total
concentration without psyching themselves out.

I think Contador has a score to settle with Evans when Cadel took
the final time trial in the 2006 Tour of Romandie, leapfrogging over
two Spaniards, one being Contador when he was with Liberty Seguros.
Contador managed to finish 2nd, but I'm sure memories are not forgotten.

It's a long-shot, but I'm pulling for Leipheimer, although the TT is 55.5km,
34.486 miles, news of the weird if he could make up 2'49" seconds
in that distance. Shades of '89... wouldn't mind seeing another
Fignon meltdown.
-tom

Old July 26th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

Tom Nakashima wrote:
It's a long-shot, but I'm pulling for Leipheimer, although the TT is 55.5km,
34.486 miles, news of the weird if he could make up 2'49" seconds
in that distance. Shades of '89... wouldn't mind seeing another
Fignon meltdown.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...sults/tour0619
34 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner 6.02
Old July 26th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 26, 11:49 pm, Dan Connelly
wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...sults/tour0619

34 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner 6.02

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/...3-splits-2.png

BTW, Evans claims that his FTP is 6.6 W/kg (=440 W).

Old July 27th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...sults/tour0619
34 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner 6.02

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/...3-splits-2.png

BTW, Evans claims that his FTP is 6.6 W/kg (=440 W).

Levi better pack a lunch, otherwise known as a blood bag.

Old July 27th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
phillip brown

On Jul 27, 7:01 am, "Tom Nakashima" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005...s/tour0520#res

7 Cadel Evans (Aus) Davitamon-
Lotto 2.06
14 Levi Leipheimer (USA)
Gerolsteiner 3.13
48 Alberto Contador (Spa) Liberty Seguros-
Würth 6.12

Old July 27th 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
phillip brown

On Jul 27, 7:49 am, Dan Connelly
wrote:
Tom Nakashima wrote:
It's a long-shot, but I'm pulling for Leipheimer, although the TT is 55.5km,
34.486 miles, news of the weird if he could make up 2'49" seconds
in that distance. Shades of '89... wouldn't mind seeing another
Fignon meltdown.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...sults/tour0619
34 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner 6.02

8 Cadel Evans (Aus) Davitamon-
Lotto 3.41

Old July 27th 07, 08:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

phillip brown wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005...s/tour0520#res

7 Cadel Evans (Aus) Davitamon-
Lotto 2.06
14 Levi Leipheimer (USA)
Gerolsteiner 3.13
48 Alberto Contador (Spa) Liberty Seguros-
W?rth 6.12

According to the logic dictating that Rasmussen's doped based on his
TT in 2005 and 2006 those results would indicate that Condaor doped as
well.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.