Why does where he trained matter?

Old July 26th 07, 10:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Default Why does where he trained matter?

wrote:
It's actually quite easy to take one for the other
on a quick glance. An innocent mistake, surely.

Ben
now an hour's drive from the US border with Italy.

Ah, so the peace doves are Italian and not Mexican.

Old July 26th 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message , Steve Freides
') wrote:

I know I don't follow cycling as close as I used to, but please tell me
_why_ it matters so much that a rider was in one country and not
another? He showed up, he was leading, he rode a convincing stage
today, and he's kicked out on what seems to be a technicality. I just
don't get how _any_ job can require you to report your whereabouts all
the time - it's probably illegal to even require that under some
circumstances.

He needs to report his whereabouts so that they can do random dope testing.
He needs to be honest with his own management, because if they can't trust
him not to lie when he tells them where he is, how can they trust him not
to lie when he says he hasn't been doping?

What he's been slung out for is lying, not for training in Italy. But Italy
is where some notorious doping trainers live.

I'm fed up with Life 1.0. I never liked it much and now it's getting
me down. I think I'll upgrade to MSLife 97 -- you know, the one that
comes in a flash new box and within weeks you're crawling with bugs.

Old July 26th 07, 10:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message .com,
') wrote:

On Jul 25, 11:24 pm, Stu Fleming wrote:

Damn it's so harsh. Losing your job, kicked off the Tour, possibly
banned and all because you said "Mexico" when you meant "Italy".

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/mx.html

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/it.html

It's actually quite easy to take one for the other
on a quick glance. An innocent mistake, surely.

That's about my first grin this morning - thanks.

Old July 26th 07, 10:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:24:31 +1200, Stu Fleming
wrote:

Steve Freides wrote:
I know I don't follow cycling as close as I used to, but please tell me
_why_ it matters so much that a rider was in one country and not
another? He showed up, he was leading, he rode a convincing stage
today, and he's kicked out on what seems to be a technicality. I just
don't get how _any_ job can require you to report your whereabouts all
the time - it's probably illegal to even require that under some
circumstances.

Damn it's so harsh. Losing your job, kicked off the Tour, possibly
banned and all because you said "Mexico" when you meant "Italy".

Yeah, I mean they all speak the same language right? Johnny Foreigner.

--
JT
****************************
Old July 26th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides

"Scott" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 25, 9:38 pm, "Steve Freides" wrote:
I know I don't follow cycling as close as I used to, but please tell
me
_why_ it matters so much that a rider was in one country and not
another? He showed up, he was leading, he rode a convincing stage
today, and he's kicked out on what seems to be a technicality. I
just
don't get how _any_ job can require you to report your whereabouts
all
the time - it's probably illegal to even require that under some
circumstances.

I don't mean to rant here, but I just don't get it. It seems like
common sense has gone out the window.

-S-

I'm guessing you didn't read (really read) the articles regarding his
sacking. Missing three unanounced tests by the same organization = a
positive test. He missed two tests from two different agencies, so it
was only on a technicality that he was allowed to start the race in
the first place.

Alright, at least that makes sense to me - you agree to unannounced drug
tests, so they have to be able to find you to test you.

Thanks.

-S-

But, more importantly, the rules under which the UCI pro cyclists
operate dictate that they keep their teams and the UCI/WADA aware of
their general whereabouts at all time, so that they can be found when
it's time to show up unannounced they know where to find them. Lying
about your whereabouts is the equivelant to a positive test. He told
his team he was in Mexico when in fact he was in Italy. Guilty.
period.

Did he dope while in Italy? Don't know/don't care. He knew he was
supposed to advise his team of his whereabouts and he lied about it in
conflict of the regulations and the provisions of his contract. He
deserved to be fired.

Old July 26th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

http://www.rabobank.com/content/about_us/

in some areas, the dutch are very uptight.
rasmussen is not dutch.
think witch hunt lynching.
a fulcrum appears to be the fans reaction, the basque-french-spanish?
reaction reportedly booing rasmussen. very volatile group.
and consider the entire mess as a PR excercise at this point.
a similar problem confronted the so called US Supreme Court in Bush v
Gore where south american republican goon squads were set on people
trying to sort out illegal voting and voting fraud problems.

Old July 27th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"G.T." wrote in message
Tom Kunich wrote:
My GUESS is that he was in Italy to see one of the cycling doctors who
have taken training to such a fine science that few others can compare.

What proof do you have that they've created such a fine science? The only
fine science I think they've developed is how to dope discretely.

If you don't know what they've been doing over the last three decades a
couple of lines here sure isn't going to clue you in.