Cyclists ignoring signs get a ticket

Old November 18th 11, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

Default Cyclists ignoring signs get a ticket

On 18/11/2011 17:51, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Simon Mason wrote:

On Nov 16, 1:07 am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:11:20 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 13, 1:08 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:43:02 -0000, Simon Mason
wrote:
On Nov 13, 12:31 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:13:54 -0000, Simon Mason

wrote:
On Nov 13, 11:41 am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:

No you are helping a criminal escape punishment.

By preventing the crime, not moving it. Twit. READ what I write.

The police will prevent the crime of speeding for good by nabbing
them
enough times to get them off the road where they can do the

public no
harm. Warning them is obstruction, pure and simple.

No, they will nab them enough times to make them buy a satnav with

a speed camera database - or at least that's what happened to me.

If you drive in France with it turned on, you will get fined for that.

I have done, and they stole it. But that was a radar detector only.

A satnav is for navigation you see....

I have the speed camera option turned on when I am abroad, but I tend
to avoid France anyway - too predictable and boring.

The traffic? The scenery? The people?

Going to France is too common, my favourite country is Romania.
It has all the beauty of France but has not been spoiled by excessive
tourism.
The languages are very similar as well.

As in, you can't understand either of them.

To be fair, I'm sure he meant they're both sufficiently close to Latin that
signage (because not normally speed-critical) is relatively easy to get the
gist of. Same for Spain and Italy.
Old November 19th 11, 03:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:47:31 +0000, JNugent wrote:

On 16/11/2011 20:46, Peter Keller wrote:
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 18:25:45 +0000, Judith wrote:

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 01:08:09 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:22:41 +0000, Judith wrote:

Please do not believe the ****e which Mason posts.

I am not taking any ****ing orders from ****ing you about whatever
****ing thing I will ****ing believe in from whatever ****ing source.

I forget that English is not your first language:

OED

Please, adv :
Used in polite request

So "please do not" is not actually a "****ing order"

It bloody well is, especially coming from ****ing you! I assess posts,
sayings, opinions etc independently of pressure from spoilsport
powerhungry feminazis.

*Language*, Timothy!

It iss sometimes necessary.
Am I to be moderated out of the unmoderated newsgroup?

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old November 19th 11, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 18, 5:51*pm, Tim Streater wrote:

The traffic? *The scenery? *The people?

Going to France is too common, my favourite country is Romania.
It has all the beauty of France but has not been spoiled by excessive
tourism.
The languages are very similar as well.

As in, you can't understand either of them.

I always make a point of learning key phrases in all of the countries
I visit (except Hungarian which I can't be arsed) such as please,
thank you, hello, yes, no and all of the numbers which is useful at
filling stations when you have to tell them which pump you have used.
The most important Romanian word I read in June was "interdit" which
meant the Trans Fagaras Highway was still closed due to snow, so I had
to turn back.

--
Simon Mason
Old November 19th 11, 07:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_7_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

On Nov 18, 5:51 pm, Tim Streater wrote:

The traffic? The scenery? The people?

Going to France is too common, my favourite country is Romania.
It has all the beauty of France but has not been spoiled by excessive
tourism.
The languages are very similar as well.

As in, you can't understand either of them.

I always make a point of learning key phrases in all of the countries
I visit (except Hungarian which I can't be arsed) such as please,
thank you, hello, yes, no and all of the numbers which is useful at
filling stations when you have to tell them which pump you have used.
The most important Romanian word I read in June was "interdit" which
meant the Trans Fagaras Highway was still closed due to snow, so I had
to turn back.

Is Romanian anything like the Italian language?

Old November 19th 11, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
JNugent[_7_]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081937/
Old November 19th 11, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 19/11/2011 07:37, Mr. Benn wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

On Nov 18, 5:51 pm, Tim Streater wrote:

The traffic? The scenery? The people?
Going to France is too common, my favourite country is Romania.
It has all the beauty of France but has not been spoiled by excessive
tourism.
The languages are very similar as well.

As in, you can't understand either of them.

I always make a point of learning key phrases in all of the countries
I visit (except Hungarian which I can't be arsed) such as please,
thank you, hello, yes, no and all of the numbers which is useful at
filling stations when you have to tell them which pump you have used.
The most important Romanian word I read in June was "interdit" which
meant the Trans Fagaras Highway was still closed due to snow, so I had
to turn back.

Is Romanian anything like the Italian language?

Very.

The clue is in the "Roman" bit of the country's name (no sarcasm intended).

Old November 19th 11, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:06:20 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Nov 18, 5:51*pm, Tim Streater wrote:

The traffic? *The scenery? *The people?
Going to France is too common, my favourite country is Romania.
It has all the beauty of France but has not been spoiled by excessive
tourism.
The languages are very similar as well.

As in, you can't understand either of them.

I always make a point of learning key phrases in all of the countries
I visit (except Hungarian which I can't be arsed) such as please,
thank you, hello, yes, no ..........

................. two Vindaloos and two litres of your strongest lager please;

Old November 19th 11, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 18/11/2011 02:43, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 17, 9:41 pm, Peter wrote:
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:26:47 +0000, Judith wrote:
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:46:04 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

It bloody well is, especially coming from ****ing you! I assess posts,
sayings, opinions etc independently of pressure from spoilsport
powerhungry feminazis.

You should not get so up tight about things you know - you may suffer
another heart attack.

That is your hope.
Thank you sweety.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.

My heart is 100% sound, thanks all the same.

Shame about your brain though.

University
Old November 19th 11, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 14, 5:10*pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:

[three months later in the UK]
Letter arrives asking for the fine AGAIN.
I send letter back explaining I have already paid [names Gendarme] in cash.
No response.

I have to wonder whether he pocketed it....

Sounds much like the guy at the Moldova/Ukraine border who pocketed my
30 Euros when I had to buy a green card *leaving* Moldova.

--
Simon Mason
Old November 27th 11, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:48:57 -0000, JNugent wrote:

On 16/11/2011 01:06, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 15:47:59 -0000, JNugent wrote:

On 13/11/2011 09:54, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 16:34:46 -0000, Mr. Benn
wrote:

"Simon Weaseltemper" wrote in message

On 12/11/2011 15:13, Mrcheerful wrote:

This is actually quite comical.

“Police in Cambridge issued ten fixed penalty notices last week in a
crackdown against cyclists riding the wrong way up a one-way street last
Thursday, but were unaware that further up the street, a woman was
warning other bike riders of the operation.”

“police say that they would have arrested the woman for obstruction had
they known what she was doing.”(!)

So, someone is telling cyclists that if they ride up a one-way street
they are liable to get a ticket, and the police want to arrest her.. This
sounds totally bizarre. It means stopping someone from committing an
offence, is an offence, because the police cannot issue a ticket.

Talk about the police having their bubble burst.

Drivers do this all the time when there is a speed trap, drivers coming
the other way flash their lights ferociously as a warning to others.
What a bunch of ******s the police have become.
=====================================

Why, because they are enforcing the law?

One of the nonsensical laws.

Say I see someone about to commit a murder, and stop them from doing so,
would the police arrest me?

If it's wrong to stop someone from speeding (and being caught for it), then
the answer is clearly "Yes".

You will have obstructed the police.

Let me get this straight, you think I would be arrested for preventing a
murder? Even pigs aren't that stupid.

You *did* see the word "if", didn't you?

I was assuming you believed it was.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Mr Churchill is reputed to have once said
"It will be long, it will be hard, and there'll be no withdrawal"