I was misled

Old June 25th 04, 06:50 AM

Default I was misled

http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1310344&l=42227

Jobst Brandt

Old June 25th 04, 07:22 AM
S o r n i

wrote:
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1310344&l=42227

"So we have an obligation of enormous consequence, an obligation to
guarantee that Saddam Hussein cannot ignore the United Nations. He cannot be
permitted to go unobserved and unimpeded toward his horrific objective of
amassing a stockpile of weapons of mass destruction. This is not a matter
about which there should be any debate whatsoever in the Security Council,
or, certainly, in this Nation."

John Kerry on Senate floor, 11/9/97.

Bill "fix your user name, Jobst" S.

Old June 25th 04, 01:56 PM
Pat

"So we have an obligation of enormous consequence, an obligation to
guarantee that Saddam Hussein cannot ignore the United Nations. He cannot

be permitted to go unobserved and unimpeded toward his horrific objective of
amassing a stockpile of weapons of mass destruction. This is not a matter
about which there should be any debate whatsoever in the Security Council,
or, certainly, in this Nation."

John Kerry on Senate floor, 11/9/97.

Bill "fix your user name, Jobst" S.

It has occurred to me, as it should to you, that the intelligence reports
which John Kerry was receiving were not of the same quality that George Bush
was receiving. Indeed, many if not all of his reports were filtered down
through the present administration. Therefore, how can you believe that the
remarks of the two men should be considered equally when one is the sitting
president and the other is not privy to all of the same information?

Pat in TX.

Old June 25th 04, 02:50 PM
Top Sirloin

wrote:
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1310344&l=42227

Wow, maybe I should start posting press releases
from the RNC.

Welcome to my killfile.

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com
Old June 25th 04, 03:08 PM
Mark Hickey

"S o r n i" wrote:

wrote:
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1310344&l=42227

"So we have an obligation of enormous consequence, an obligation to
guarantee that Saddam Hussein cannot ignore the United Nations. He cannot be
permitted to go unobserved and unimpeded toward his horrific objective of
amassing a stockpile of weapons of mass destruction. This is not a matter
about which there should be any debate whatsoever in the Security Council,
or, certainly, in this Nation."

John Kerry on Senate floor, 11/9/97.

Jobst is just gullible because he would rather get his news from
biased sources so he doesn't have to confront the truth.

For example, when Russian President Vladimir Putin recently told the
press how Russia warned us repeatedly that they had solid evidence
that Iraq was planning to attack the US and US interests abroad after
the 9/11 attacks...

Guess how the major networks in the US handled it? NOT A FRIGGIN'
WORD. The NY Times and other liberal papers buried the story at the
bottom of an inside page.

If you'd rather form an opinion unencumbered by the facts, by all
means follow the links to the propaganda that Jobst posted.

If you'd rather actually know what's going on, I'd suggest starting
with an unbiased compilation like the Drudge Report (recently
determined to be by far less biased than any other news source that
was analyzed). That becomes pretty obvious when you see it...

www.drudgereport.com

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old June 25th 04, 03:20 PM
DRS

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message

[...]

For example, when Russian President Vladimir Putin recently told the
press how Russia warned us repeatedly that they had solid evidence
that Iraq was planning to attack the US and US interests abroad after
the 9/11 attacks...

Hmmm, it seems Putin is finally repaying Dubbya for his redefining the
Chechyns from freedom fighters to terrorists. How very convenient it all
is.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 25th 04, 03:45 PM
Luigi de Guzman

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 05:50:54 GMT,
wrote:

http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1310344&l=42227

Jobst Brandt

I was misled once too.

I went into a shop and bought a wheel that the shopguys assured me
would fit my rear dropout spacing.

It didn't. I was peeved.

This thread will now live forever.

-Luigi
Old June 25th 04, 04:30 PM
BanditManDan

I was misled into thinking that I was browsing rec.bicycles.misc....oh
wait I am browsing the right forum. Shouldn't you be posting to
misc.activism.progressive or talk.politics.misc????

Old June 25th 04, 05:37 PM
Pete

"Kevan Smith" wrote

It's not like it matters. Both men are comitted to continuing the illegal
occupation of Iraq, heaping more misery on a country which should by

rights be
getting reparations payments instead. Bush shouldn't be President; he

should
be in the dock for war crimes. This Iraq War is a great national shame.

You mean the UN sanctioned "illegal occupation" put in place after GW I?

Pete