Tips for good hybrid fit

Old March 23rd 05, 07:00 PM
OughtFour

Default Tips for good hybrid fit

I will be in France next month and plan to rent a bike for a few days of
touring. It looks as though the best I can hope to find are some hybrid
bikes (fattish tires, upright handlebar, etc.) Bringin my bike just isn't an
option this time.

What should I watch for to get a good fit?

I have never had a good experience renting hybrids, but it occurs to me that
may have been because of other issues such as poor fit. I ride a 25"-frame
road bike that well-meaning bike-shop personnel frequently tell me is too
big for me (based on my height, just under 6 feet).

They couldn't be more wrong, but I think there must be something
counterintuitive about how I am built, and perhaps this has translated into
a bad fit when renting.

With any luck the French bike store I get my rental from will fit me well.
But what should I look to make sure they do? Other questions:

Would my touring saddle work well on a hybrid? It would be easy to bring.

Does a 25" touring-bike frame "translate" into any particular size hybrid?

Thanks for any help--please reply to the newsgroup.

Old March 24th 05, 03:08 AM
Tom Sherman

OughtFour wrote:

I will be in France next month and plan to rent a bike for a few days of
touring. It looks as though the best I can hope to find are some hybrid
bikes (fattish tires, upright handlebar, etc.) Bringin my bike just isn't an
option this time.

I understand that this shop in France rents bikes that are more
comfortable and faster than hybrids: http://www.airodin.com/.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

Hybrid cranks Vaughn Hawk General 13 February 11th 05 03:20 AM
No fitting for a Trek Hybrid? Badger_South General 14 April 25th 04 04:41 AM
want opinion on my decision to buy hybrid Tune2828 General 16 January 28th 04 07:38 PM
Tourer or hybrid? NC UK 3 December 1st 03 09:49 AM
surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 10:38 PM