How do you guys like that Saturn ad?

Old September 17th 04, 10:39 PM
Paul Cassel

Raoul Duke wrote:
"Paul Cassel" wrote in message

Anybody who buys a Saturn for any reason at any price is stupid enough
not to be troubled by that ad. What next - will Goodyear show a bike
being run over and crushed by the same car and then brag that you can
run over 100 bikes before getting a flat?

Huh? What's the big deal about Saturns?

Dave

True junk through and through. Rumor has it that GM was tired of
finishing last in all multi car comparo's done by the car rags so they
put 2 billion to make Saturn so that would finish last.

Most folks today know that Saturn is GM. Thus the ploy failed.

-paul

--
paul DOT cassel aT
gMail dot COM
Old September 18th 04, 02:08 AM
Automator

Just accept that Cars are more massive, and through their weight around.
Get angry, you'll be dead soon.

Way to be the Uncle Tom of the cycling community jackass.

I for one will be slashing the tires of every Saturn I see.

Old September 18th 04, 05:23 PM
alan

What's a cyclist doing crashing into a PARKED car? How is that an
indictment of the car company? If a cycling dumbass can't avoid a large
stationary object, he should consider some other mode of transportation.

--

alan

Anyone who believes in a liberal media has never read the "Daily Oklahoman."

"Trudi Marrapodi" wrote in message
Anyone seen the ad for that one Saturn model that plugs its dent-resistant
finish? A series of "things" are shown crashing into a parked Saturn,
including (as if it were just another "object") a cyclist. He crashes into
the car, flips over and hits his (helmeted) head against the hood as he
gets flung onto it.

The message of the ad: It doesn't matter what your car collides with, the
finish won't have a scratch or dent afterward.

Old September 18th 04, 05:43 PM
Claire Petersky

"alan" wrote in message
What's a cyclist doing crashing into a PARKED car?

I almost ran into a dumpster once in an alley. Did I ever feel like an
idiot.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Old September 18th 04, 06:44 PM
Mitch Haley

alan wrote:

What's a cyclist doing crashing into a PARKED car? How is that an
indictment of the car company?

The car company HIRED the cyclist to crash into a parked car for
an advertisement. The idea being that idiot cyclists will crash
into your car, so you need a plastic car to prevent dents from
all the stupid cyclists. That is what some people find offensive.

Mitch.
Old September 20th 04, 01:43 AM
alan

Well, there certainly are plenty of stupid cyclists out there, just as there
are stupid motorists, stupid shopping cart users, and stupid pedestrians.
In that sense, the ad addresses reality. Are you trying to say that there
are no idiot cyclists? Because I'd have to disagree with that, if only
because my own son managed to crash his bicycle into a parked car, doing
$700 in damage.

Old September 22nd 04, 09:49 PM
Trudi Marrapodi

In article , Mitch Haley wrote:

alan wrote:

What's a cyclist doing crashing into a PARKED car? How is that an
indictment of the car company?

The car company HIRED the cyclist to crash into a parked car for
an advertisement. The idea being that idiot cyclists will crash
into your car, so you need a plastic car to prevent dents from
all the stupid cyclists. That is what some people find offensive.

Mitch.

Yeah. And do you really think that they'd show anything colliding with a
*moving* car on a TV ad for the car? Not likely. That would raise the
issue of whether it might, just might, be the driver's fault. They don't
want that to even occur to you. But chances are that a cyclist who goes so
far as to wear cycling togs and a helmet isn't the bumblingly incompetent
kind who's going to go cruising into your parked car as it sits in your
driveway.

And even though stupid kids and pedestrians exist, I predict you will
never see one running into a car and getting flung up onto the hood in a
commercial for said car--not even if the car is parked. Why? Because
people would scream bloody murder. But somehow, it's OK for an adult
cyclist to be depicted having an encounter with the car and being flipped
over and flung against the hood on his head.
--
Trudi

"Cleveland still rocks."--Me