Troll, not published helmet research

Old September 25th 04, 07:03 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Bill "Laa laa I'm not listening" Zaumen wrote:

Check out the name. Oh, I forgot - you are too arrogant to follow up
anything if somebody else suggests it.

What name?

I rest my case.

Translation: "Laa laa, I'm not listening".

Translation - our troll Guy is all in a tither because he's been put
in a timeout.

I think you're confusing me with someone who gives a toss. If you
choose to allow my statements to go by default because you are too
arrogant, idle, stupid or confused to rebut them, that is your problem
not mine.

LOL! Bill, there are so many addies on web sites that there is no
need even to try that.

I saw this behavior while using an old netscape browser configured to
(a) not allow cookies, (b) not run java, (c) not run javascript, (d)
not accepting plugins of any time, (e) disabling most of the plugins
that came with the browser, and (f) ignoring most web sites as useless
trash. I also have never owned a Windows box, and nearly all the
"addies" as you call them target that.

So the most likely explanation is that it was someone you ****ed off
with your incessent bull****. Which leaves the field wide open.

Of course, crass ignorance is still a possibility, given that you
think an email address is only targeted when served off a Windows box.
Or are you so woefully ill-informed that you don't realise that "addy"
is a common abbreviation for email address?

That time delay is most likely because (as Yahoo's CTO mentioned in a
talk I went to a few years ago), that spam is a two-level scam.

I know how it works. The point is, the thing most guaranteed to
generate spam is an address on a web page. It does not look as if
spammers bother overmuch with Usenet these days, it being much easier
to scarf up addresses from web forums.

The idea that real names in .sigs might be combined with domains from
headers and made into email addresses is, I think, a paranoid
delusion. Combining the name in my .sig with the domain in the link
below it produces a valid email address, and always has, but it has
never once been spammed.

I'll skip the rest - you obviously don't know what you are talking
about.

LOL! Says the man who thinks that merely putting your real name in
your .sig will generate spam!

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk