Can Anyone See this Post?

Old March 21st 05, 10:39 PM
GaryG

Default Can Anyone See this Post?

Once again I've reported the problem to Charter.net. This time, they
claimed that they were "escalating it to their Engineering department".

Can anyone see this post?

GG

"GaryG" wrote in message
Still trying...can anyone see this?

"GaryG" wrote in message
"GaryG" wrote in message
"James Spencer" wrote in message
. net...
On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:15:36 -0600, GaryG wrote
(in article ):

"Cheto" wrote in message

"GaryG" wrote in message

I strongly suspect that posts through Charter are only visible

other
Charter users. This has been going on since Wednesday, the 16th

(for
me,
anyway). I've reported it to them several times, but so far no
resolution.

This would appear to be the case, since no one but me has

bothered
respond. There's gotta be other Charter users here though,

wouldn't
you
think? Just out of curiosity, have you tried posting to other

NGs
recently?
What part of the country do you live in?

Cheto

I live in Redding, California (far north). Apparently, Charter

uses
third-party provider for their newsgroup service (Highwinds), and

both
seem
to be pointing fingers at one another. When I called Highwinds on

their
800
number, the first thing they said was that "if you're a Charter
customer,
please contact Charter tech support". And, Charter tech support

admits
that
Usenet is not a high-priority issue for them.

FWIW, I have posted to other NG's, and all of them experience the

same
behavior (i.e., posts not visible).

GG

Is this apparently a national problem with Charter? I had wondered

why
was
seeing no response to my not very frequent postings.

Spence

I'm not sure, but suspect that it may be. I've called Charter half a

dozen
times since Thursday, and they claim that they are "working on it",

but
so
far no resolution.

FWIW, Charter has a very bad reputation for their news server support.
They've farmed it out to a third party, and apparently don't really

care
whether it works or not.

My only alternative at this point is to post via Google Groups. But,

that
has a really clunky interface, and it also posts your email address

where
it
can be harvested by spam bots (there's no option to hide your email
address).

GG

Still trying....

Old March 21st 05, 10:50 PM
S o r n i

GaryG wrote:
Once again I've reported the problem to Charter.net. This time, they
claimed that they were "escalating it to their Engineering
department".

Can anyone see this post?

Yup.

{old stuff snipped}

Eagle Eye Bill

Old March 21st 05, 10:55 PM

YES!

Old March 21st 05, 11:26 PM
GaryG

wrote in message
YES!

Thanks...I guess they finally got it fixed after 4 days of it being down for
new postings.

GG

Old March 22nd 05, 03:54 AM
Tom Sherman

GaryG wrote:

Once again I've reported the problem to Charter.net. This time, they
claimed that they were "escalating it to their Engineering department".

Can anyone see this post?

No.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

Old March 22nd 05, 06:20 AM
maxo

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:54:48 -0600, Tom Sherman wrote:

GaryG wrote:

Once again I've reported the problem to Charter.net. This time, they
claimed that they were "escalating it to their Engineering department".

Can anyone see this post?

No.

no almost

it's a bit milky

I can almost make oUt the words...

Old March 22nd 05, 10:47 AM
Maggie

Tom Sherman wrote:
GaryG wrote:

Once again I've reported the problem to Charter.net. This time,

they
claimed that they were "escalating it to their Engineering

department".

Can anyone see this post?

No.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

It 5:00 a.m., I can't see it either. What did it say?
All Good Things,
Maggie

Old March 23rd 05, 07:24 PM
lppl

Tell me the gerenral direction to look and I'll let you know if I can
see it.

How tall is it?
Old March 23rd 05, 08:22 PM
Maggie

lppl wrote:
Tell me the gerenral direction to look and I'll let you know if I can
see it.

How tall is it?

7ft....ON YOUR LEFT!

All good things,
Maggie

Old March 24th 05, 02:13 AM
Mike Kruger

"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tom Sherman wrote:
GaryG wrote:

Once again I've reported the problem to Charter.net.

This time,
they
claimed that they were "escalating it to their

Engineering
department".

Can anyone see this post?

No.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of

Forgottonia)

It 5:00 a.m., I can't see it either. What did it say?

Still not visible at 8:13 p.m. (Central time). I bet it was a
good one.

The Washing-machine Post and Ardbeg cycling jerseys Mike Smith UK 8 January 22nd 05 12:39 AM
WTB: Thomson post for parts Remy Marketplace 2 July 26th 04 05:13 PM
Can anyone see my post post? Doki UK 5 April 7th 04 12:42 PM
Improving seat clamp and post joona Unicycling 5 October 3rd 03 03:32 PM
Jim McNamare, Ed Gin, and Other Postings.....an infinite amount of Monkeys. iLiad Recumbent Biking 55 September 30th 03 05:21 PM