Photoshopping on bicycle manufacturer website..

Old March 23rd 05, 11:16 AM
Mike Beauchamp

Default Photoshopping on bicycle manufacturer website..

This is pretty funny.. took a while to notice this one (and I'm pretty proud
of myself).

I always thought this picture looked funny:
http://www.devinci.com/image/can_an_2005/st-tro_big.jpg
Especially where the welds should be onto the head tube.... Then I started
noticing that the components listed that should be on the bike aren't
actually on the bike. So then I figured they photoshopped a previous year's
bike to make the "2005" model. Then I saw this model from 2004:
http://devinci.com/image/gabarit/Stockholm-photo-A.jpg

Bingo! (flip between them, its funny)

Then I realized they did the same trick to make this 2005 model:
http://www.devinci.com/image/can_an_2005/stock_big.jpg

It's painfully obvious now, especially looking behind the chain rings, and
seeing black instead of the proper colour of the frame.

This model looks mildly photoshopped as well:
http://www.devinci.com/image/can_an_2005/oslo_big.jpg
Something about the crank again doesn't look right to me.. the fact that the
chain is lined up for the middle ring, and suddenly appears on the top ring.
Then, how the axle position looks to low.. and how the polished parts of
the big ring (visible where it crosses the chainstay) isnt' visible where it
crosses the seat tube.

Yeah.. I have no life.

Mike
http://mikebeauchamp.com

Old March 24th 05, 07:18 PM
Veloise

Mike wrote:
[...]

Never worked for a publication on deadline, eh?

--Karen M.
who used to see lots of last-minute work at bicycle shows