"Cyclist blasted with shotgun"

Old May 17th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kevin Beauchamp

Default "Cyclist blasted with shotgun"

Not many details here yet, but scary:

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...f-273f25fd878b

Old May 17th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
AustinMN

On May 17, 12:22 pm, Kevin Beauchamp
wrote:
Not many details here yet, but scary:

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...erta/story.htm...

"the victim claimed he didn't know the man who shot him."

"Random" shootings are very seldom truly random, and in Edmonton,
which is far different from Murderapolis, I'd bet it is far less
likely to be random. Could be a road rage thing; please keep us
informed.

Austin

Old May 18th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bob

wrote:
Not many details here yet, but scary:

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...erta/story.htm...

Perhaps hearing too many victims tell outrageous lies to cover their
*own* criminal deeds has made me just a tad too suspicious but this
alleged cyclist's story stinks bad enough to knock maggots off a
rotting carcass. I'm not saying he's a criminal but:
1- A 20something male on a BMX bike;
2- in an industrial area at or near dusk;
3- who gets shot by persons unknown;
4- yet recognizes the persons that shot him when they drive past some
time later (apparently feeling guilty over shooting him... yeah,
right);
sounds an awful lot like a lie to me. That the victim's belongings
were scattered nearby makes me wonder if maybe he hadn't ripped off
the shooter in a street level dope deal and the shooter was looking to
get his money or dope back but as I said, maybe I'm just too cynical.

Regards,
Bob Hunt