Dog bite yesterday :(

Old April 15th 07, 12:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
just us

Default Dog bite yesterday :(

Hi Lotte - I agree. I dont want to hurt the dog, but I do think that even on
a "farm road" you have the right to remain safe - which yes goes back to the
owner. This dog is a pig dog, and maybe you dont like owners owning pig dogs
but up here I see a different side to the pig dogs and their owners. Yes,
some of their dogs are savage, but they do a terrific job of at least trying
to make a dint on our pig problem. To the young man who spends every weekend
running miles through our scrubs chasing down the pigs with his dogs - good
on him. He is far better doing that than getting stoned or sitting in front
of a computer game. He is also would you believe a dog lover - one who above
everything else tries to keep his dogs safe. I would venture to say that 90%
of piggers up here really do look after their dogs.
Kathy
what is a bogan anyway? Is that me - someone who lives in the sticks?

Old April 15th 07, 12:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Blue Heeler

just us wrote:

Kathy what is a bogan anyway? Is that me - someone who lives
in the sticks?

Kathy

Bogans arrive at the airport for their holiday in Cairns dressed in
check Flannel shirts, open tot eh waist to reveal the unwashed t-shirt
below, with leather "Johnny Reb" replica caps, with the flaps down.

At the check-in counter they are perturbed to discover that you cannot
take shotties onto the aircraft as hand luggage, and that their
"Singapore-special" shopping bags are carried on a "no-liability" basis.

Once on the plane they chow down on the KFC they have smuggled aboard
and their children smear chicken fat on EVERYTHING in a 6 metre radius,
including other pasengers.

It isn't possible to have a conversation with them, they speak a
different language.

He will be wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with his beer of choice - this
saves bar staff from having to engage in conversation either.

She will be wearing a cling top of some ghastly flocked fabric, usually
3 sizes too small, her bra strap will feature a high contrast colour
and will be cinnngly designed so that the many areas of skin exposed by
the top will be at least in part covered by the high-contrast bra strap.

Uugh boots are th efootwear of choice.

The children.....Well let's not mention the offspring except to say
that they of themselves pose an excellent case for the reinstatement of
the science of eugenics, particularly as it relates to the termination
of unwanted units.

Guess who got to sit next to Bogans when he came home for Easter???

Old April 15th 07, 12:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
just us

"Blue Heeler" wrote in message

She will be wearing a cling top of some ghastly flocked fabric, usually
3 sizes too small, her bra strap will feature a high contrast colour
and will be cinnngly designed so that the many areas of skin exposed by
the top will be at least in part covered by the high-contrast bra strap.

LOL thank you for sorting that out Blue! I sure am NOT a bogan - but have
seen plenty.
Kathy

Old April 15th 07, 01:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

just us wrote:
I see a different side to the pig dogs and their owners. Yes,
some of their dogs are savage, but they do a terrific job of at least trying
to make a dint on our pig problem. To the young man who spends every weekend
running miles through our scrubs chasing down the pigs with his dogs - good
on him. He is far better doing that than getting stoned or sitting in front
of a computer game.

Hmmmmm.... running around letting your dogs rip the ears off a pig then
maul it to shreds before you finally catch up and put a bullet in it.
Sounds like a great scenario for the next computer game series.
Old April 15th 07, 01:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
just us

Actually Peter I have been out with them in the past. They dont shoot them -
they cut their throats. Last thing they want is to miss the pig and shoot
one of their dogs. They dont maul the pig - they "hang" until the owner
comes. I am sure a dog trying to actually maul a pig is on a very limited
life indeed. The dogs are merely there to sniff them out, chase them down
and hang until the pigger arrives. Do you not see the damage one feral pig
can do?
Wow we are way off topic now lol
Kathy
"Peter" wrote in message
.com.au...

Old April 15th 07, 02:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig

"just us" wrote:
Well out doing my usual ride to work and I was bailed up by a huge blardy
dog.

snip

Today, antibiotics, $56 out of pocket for Doctor and I am left with a
nasty swollen leg - 6 days out from my big epic. I am peeeeeeeed off. Rang
cops today and they said they would go back and persue it further. I am
peeeeed off!

With the police attending, and the other guy in the ute (got his details?)
as a witness I'd think you've got an excellent case for-

1. Council impounding and destrusction of said beast. We are really all much
better off without this type of mongrel terrorising the public and then
passing it's virulent genes on to further offspring.

2. A pretty significant claim against the negligent owner for damages -
medical costs, pain and suffering, stress, damage to clothing and bike
(there was surely), delay to your holiday (accommodation and travel
cancellations?)

3. Police/council prosecution for failing to propoerly restrain the beast.

What do people do when harrassed seriously by a humungous blardy dog who
wants to eat you?

I have actually found one strategy that has proven very successful in two
dog aggression incidents - pick up a stone or rock of suitable size and
throw it in the general direction of the dog. Came across this once when a
yappy mutt surprised me with a sneak attack and almost bit. I was so mad I
picked up a rock and threw it -amazed to see how madly this dog sprinted for
home. On a later occasion I had similar success throwing a rock towards two
German Shepherds. I think it must be some primitive response to ancient
humans' battles against the wolf. Seriously though, it works, and on neither
occcasion did the rock go anywhere near hitting the dogs. Try it out for
yourself.
--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old April 15th 07, 02:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_119_]

-
medical costs, pain and suffering, stress, damage to clothing and bike
(there was surely), delay to your holiday (accommodation and travel
cancellations?)

3. Police/council prosecution for failing to propoerly restrain the
beast.

All very sensible suggestions, as with other stuff, please follow this
up. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, there's a 20yo Blue Heeler x
Kelper sunning herself in the backyard as I type. She's only bitten me
twice, both times were muddled self-defence situations in which I
completely forgive her for. On the other hand, dogs that attack people
are entirely another proposition, as they've been incorrectly trained
(amongst other things,). As have the fcuking irresponsible human owners
who probably should be terminated as well. Chin up Kathy, I've also been
attacked by dogs and gone through the resulting tetanus shots, police
reports, council investigations etc. As I've mentioned before, document
and follow this up, as next time the future victim, be it human or
animal may not be as fortunate to get away alive.

--
cfsmtb

Old April 15th 07, 03:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gravelmuncher[_28_]

A buddy of mine used to work as a water service technician. A fairly
major part of his job was to enter people's property to read their
water meter, whether they were home or not. Poor ******* would often
come home bearing the wounds from ill-fated confrontations with at
least one of the more nasty members of the K9 community. Then one day,
not too long after one of his managers from head office got dragged
literally out of his car by a Ridgeback, all the techies were supplied
with this cool little device - not too dissimilar to the central
locking remotes which comes with our keys. It's only got the one
button, which throws out a pinch of sound of such a frequency that the
human ear can't pick up, but subjects a barking dog to such agony that
it cowers immediately.

Being the ultimate skeptic, I told him that we should give it at least
a couple of hours testing before he trust his limbs to it. So we
headed out for a 2 hour cruise around town, via the homes of all the
particularly angry hounds that he'd had encounters with. This thing
was awesome. What we found though, is that it only pings dogs which are
barking aggressively - something which I later discovered to be related
to the gland below the ear canal which opens when the jaw is engaged in
a little bit of "woof woof'. Man, what a fun morning.

I'd forgotton about that thing, and said morning of testing, until I
caught this thread. Not sure where to get one - my mate doesn't work
for the water board nowadays so he'd be of little assistance, but if
you can find one you'll never worry about a p!ssed off dog again.

gm

--
gravelmuncher

Old April 15th 07, 03:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Apr 14, 6:47 pm, Terryc wrote:

1) Straight Ammonia in a squirt bottle. Aim for the eyes. Highly
recommended for a dog like that. You may want to arm up for a while
until this dog disappears.

This works an absolute treat on a dog that needs re-training. I've
used cloudy ammonia in a water pistol in a couple of situations where
unfenced and aggressive dogs threatened me on regular routes -
including the pigdog type that is common in Kathy's neck of the woods.
After a quick squirt in the face, the dogs changed their ways
instantly and enduringly. It's very easy and saves having to deal with
owners, councils etc. The latter may result in the dog being
destroyed, so I prefer to inflict a bit of temporary pain on the
beast.

Donga

Ullrich grabs a bite Michael Racing 14 July 15th 05 02:00 AM
Pedals go 'round before they bite. DrC Techniques 11 June 17th 05 01:56 PM
bite your tongue loke General 25 May 25th 05 01:15 PM
Bat Bite Part 2 HughMann Australia 3 December 8th 04 12:09 PM
Bee sting/bite q's-Long Cat Dailey Racing 32 August 12th 04 01:36 AM