Unicyclists of Virginia (UniVA)

Old March 13th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unirox13

Default Unicyclists of Virginia (UniVA)

joejumps4fun wrote:
VA / DC / MD riders, don't forget:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8554/unifredzv5.png

I know you guys from MD were talking about a monthly meet to do some
unicycle hockey and ride around D.C. I also know some of you are
interested in attending the UniFred this April. If you want to do some
hockey, I can reserve a gym for us on that day. It will cost $20, so
if you guys want to chip in, I'll cover the first $10. Let me know if
you will be attending this super awesome all day unicycle event!! Be
sure you see the flyer in the link and pass it on to all the local
unicyclists you know.

Next meet after this one, we'll definitely ride in D.C.

dude that sounds awesome i'll def. try and make it up for that. even if
i cant make it for the five mile ride i still might try and make it for
the fun afterwards.

--
unirox13

It Takes Twice The man To Ride Half The Bike!
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

joejumps4fun wrote:
VA / DC / MD riders, don't forget:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8554/unifredzv5.png

Next meet after this one, we'll definitely ride in D.C.

Oops, I didn't realize that your event was the same day as the 13 hour
Leesburg XC race. I didn't mean to try and take attention away from it
or anything. Hopefully you get a lot of riders and get some unicycle
hockey together. I am hoping that most of the unicyclists in the area
will head down to your event in Fredericksburg since you put some time
into planning it and there seem to be a lot of riders into
trials/street/freestyle/unihockey.

I'll have to miss out on Fredericksburg on the 19th since I just now
saw it coincided with the mountain bike/unicycle race. If anyone from
the area was not planning on going to Joe's event and is into muni/XC
shoot me a PM and let me know if you want to do 2 person team with me
for the Bakers Dozen race in leesburg. If you are in the area you
should at least be doing one or the other!

As far as the DC event goes. What dates would work best for people?
I'll probably start a new thread on this, but I was going to put
together a fun day of XC/muni at a few trails I have checked out up
here recently. I'd also mix it in with a long distance ride along a
fun route I do around the monuments and the potomac if anyone was
interested.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland

James = my name
'This' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout) = my myspace
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

siafirede wrote:
[...]

Wow, April is getting pretty full with uni events in VA. My Richmond
ride is in the planning.

Also, just to get notice out there really early, June 14 there is going
to be a NATS bike trials event on the rocks of Belle Isle. Last August
it was really fun, but hot. Hopefully this year will be better.

--
maximus unius
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unirox13

maximus unius wrote:
Wow, April is getting pretty full with uni events in VA. My Richmond
ride is in the planning.

Also, just to get notice out there really early, June 14 there is going
to be a NATS bike trials event on the rocks of Belle Isle. Last August
it was really fun, but hot. Hopefully this year will be better.

Max, if you need any help with planning that richmond ride just let me
know. i can't wait for april, all of this stuff is going to be so much
fun

Old March 13th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

unirox13 wrote:
Max, if you need any help with planning that richmond ride just let me
know. i can't wait for april, all of this stuff is going to be so much
fun

Thanks for your offer. The only thing I need to know before starting a
thread is if doing trials and muni and lunch is possible in the same
day.

--
maximus unius
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unirox13

maximus unius wrote:
Thanks for your offer. The only thing I need to know before starting a
thread is if doing trials and muni and lunch is possible in the same
day.

yes. we could do muni and trials right on belle isle and then go
somewhere for lunch or however you wanted to split it up. or we could
do trials/street in downtown, grab some lunch and then head over to
belle isle for muni.

Old March 13th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

unirox13 wrote:
yes. we could do muni and trials right on belle isle and then go
somewhere for lunch or however you wanted to split it up. or we could
do trials/street in downtown, grab some lunch and then head over to
belle isle for muni.

Cool. I'm thinkin of a Sat. Sun. weekend instead of the usual Fri. Sat.
cause my dad has to drive me and he works fridays. So maybe natty
trials on the rocks sat. morning, lunch, muni on belle or buttermilk.
Then sun. would be either urban trials or muni on belle or buttermilk.

--
maximus unius
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

unirox13 wrote:
dude that sounds awesome i'll def. try and make it up for that. even if
i cant make it for the five mile ride i still might try and make it for
the fun afterwards.

sweet. I'll tell you the same thing I've told everyone befo you do
not have to do the 5 mile ride (the first event of the day). If you
don't want to do that, just come a little later, say, afternoon,
because that's when everything else is happining. Some people from MD
are coming, too!

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

siafirede wrote:
Oops, I didn't realize that your event was the same day as the 13 hour
Leesburg XC race..

Don't sweat it. I know, I've been planning this since late February,
but I just wanted to make sure you knew b/c I thought you were coming.
It's no big deal. Hopefully you'll get some riders, too. April 19th
must be a popular day...let's just hope for good weather for the both
of us!

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

let me know when you guys do the urban/street stuff and I'll try and
make it. I'm not much for MUni as I prefer to ride in the urbs.

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4