"Roads are for vehicles, not slow bikes."

Old August 7th 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default "Roads are for vehicles, not slow bikes."

Says the humble father of Kenneth Bain. (who ran over and killed two
this year, so far)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.4bb5f1d.html

Gee, daddy didn't mention that good old Kenneth the II was drinking
when he killed the cyclists.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/bicyclists.....2.744273.html

Old August 7th 09, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...outhwest/stori...

Gee, daddy didn't mention that good old Kenneth the II was drinking
when he killed the cyclists.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/bicyclists.....2.744273.html

In France it's open season on judges
http://www.lexpress.fr/actualites/2/...is_779216.html
From what is not being said in the news reports, I conjecture that the
cycling judge was at fault.

-ilan
Old August 7th 09, 08:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Aug 7, 11:58*am, ilan wrote:
On Aug 7, 10:11*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

Says the humble father of Kenneth Bain. (who ran over and killed two
this year, so far)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...outhwest/stori...

Gee, daddy didn't mention that good old Kenneth the II was drinking
when he killed the cyclists.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/bicyclists.....2.744273.html

In France it's open season on judgeshttp://www.lexpress.fr/actualites/2/une-juge-tuee-a-velib-dans-un-acc...
From what is not being said in the news reports, I conjecture that the
cycling judge was at fault.

-ilan

It appears that this person died while attempting to overtake a 19 ton
truck which was making a right turn but had moved to the left of the
roadway in order to be able to do so, the cyclist was in the truck's
blind spot during this maneuver so he did not have time to react. So
basically, it was a bad judgement call on the part of the judge.
Official reaction will be to have a campaign to warn cyclists of the
dangers of overtaking trucks making right hand turns in front of them,
which is not a joke since a number of other cyclists have died
similarly.

-ilan
Old August 7th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Aug 7, 10:11*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
Says the humble father of Kenneth Bain. (who ran over and killed two
this year, so far)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...outhwest/stori...

Gee, daddy didn't mention that good old Kenneth the II was drinking
when he killed the cyclists.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/bicyclists.....2.744273.html

In the last couple of years two bicyclists have been killed like that
within a mile of my house, on a road I frequently ride.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...NEWS/701250303
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...NEWS/404220339

Levi rides it too as he lives off Riebli Rd, mentioned in the second
article. It makes you think. No matter how careful you are, no matter
how skilled, these drunks drift to the right and hit you from behind
with no warning.
-Paul
Old August 7th 09, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"ilan" wrote in message

Official reaction will be to have a campaign to warn cyclists of the
dangers of overtaking trucks making right hand turns in front of them,
which is not a joke since a number of other cyclists have died
similarly.

What, are you crazy? On this group, death at the hands of a motor vehicle is
considered a comical event.

Old August 7th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 12:33:31 -0700 (PDT), "Paul G."
wrote:

On Aug 7, 10:11*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
Says the humble father of Kenneth Bain. (who ran over and killed two
this year, so far)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...outhwest/stori...

Gee, daddy didn't mention that good old Kenneth the II was drinking
when he killed the cyclists.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/bicyclists.....2.744273.html

In the last couple of years two bicyclists have been killed like that
within a mile of my house, on a road I frequently ride.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...NEWS/701250303
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...NEWS/404220339

Levi rides it too as he lives off Riebli Rd, mentioned in the second
article. It makes you think. No matter how careful you are, no matter
how skilled, these drunks drift to the right and hit you from behind
with no warning.
-Paul

"Lynchard, 74, who had been convicted of drunken driving six times in
the past 32 years, had a blood-alcohol level of 0.24 percent - three
times more than the legal limit for driving - when his pickup struck
Black on March 28, 2005."

They should track down the judge(s) who let him off and make them each
pay the family a hefty sum, if not put them on house arrest, for their
laxity. And by 'laxity' I mean close to criminal negligence.

Old August 7th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

wrote:

[...]

His brother owned the bar where he'd get drunk every day, then drive
home. I think they are going after the brother financially. That poor
woman was standing astride her bike, resting in a gravel pullout, 10'
from the road. He came around a corner and didn't straighten out,
going into the gravel and practically dismembering her.
-Paul