Cyclocross handlebars - narrower than a road bike?

Old August 12th 04, 12:58 PM
Bryan C

Default Cyclocross handlebars - narrower than a road bike?

I recently bought a Fuji Cross, frame size 54cm. The handlebars are a
very narrow 40cm, as opposed to the 42cm that came on my Fuji Roubaix.
At the bike shop, the salesmen told me that cyclocross bikes are
supposed to have a smaller handlebar, so that they can clear trees
better. True? Is this accepted cyclocross wisdom?

I bought the bike mostly for road/commuting, but I am having so much
fun on this bike that I am considering trying a cyclocross race. I
actually need at least a 44cm handlebar, so this 40cm is very cramped.
But I don't want to change it if this is "the setup". Thanks
Old August 12th 04, 06:00 PM
maxo

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 04:58:37 -0700, Bryan C wrote:

"the setup"

is the one that works best for you.

I've uglified my traditional old steel bike by adding Ritchey bars with
those ergo bends.

tradition be damned, I'm comfy now.

Old August 12th 04, 08:15 PM
Booker C. Bense

Last Chance Road [email protected] Rides 1 April 29th 04 02:38 AM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM
FAQ? Just zis Guy, you know? UK 18 October 1st 03 01:02 PM