Anger Management

Old February 2nd 05, 06:09 PM
Eugenio Mastroviti

Not Responding wrote:

I'm turning into a bitter, enraged loon and live in fear of emerging
from the red mist to find myself kicking the bloody pulp that was only
recently a dangerous driver who cut me up and then made the mistake of
stopping.

Any tips on how to regain my peace of mind and revert to shrugging off
daily reminders of mortality?

Not from me, mate - I'm turning into someone who would lie to the police
and give you an alibi if what you fear should happen

--
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
Old February 2nd 05, 06:14 PM
Not Responding

Default Anger Management

I'm having a bit of a problem with cars. Whereas I used to shrug and
think "idiot" when a driver put me in peril, I now find myself imagining
dire violence and, vocally and with gesticulations, letting rip.

Old February 2nd 05, 06:38 PM
Epetruk

Not Responding wrote:
I'm having a bit of a problem with cars. Whereas I used to shrug and
think "idiot" when a driver put me in peril, I now find myself
imagining dire violence and, vocally and with gesticulations, letting
rip.

I'm turning into a bitter, enraged loon and live in fear of emerging
from the red mist to find myself kicking the bloody pulp that was only
recently a dangerous driver who cut me up and then made the mistake of
stopping.

Any tips on how to regain my peace of mind and revert to shrugging off
daily reminders of mortality?

Funny - I seem to have the opposite problem. I take these kind of incidents
with too much levity - just today, I was returning home riding in the cycle
lane past a queue of cars when one driver decided that he would move into
the cycle lane. A squeal of brakes, a near miss, a shrug and within five
seconds the incident was forgotten. I'd like to think that if I had shouted
at the driver, he might not be so inclined to repeat his behaviour.

Can we do a swap?

--
Akin

aknak at aksoto dot idps dot co dot uk

Old February 2nd 05, 06:44 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Not Responding wrote:

I'm having a bit of a problem with cars. Whereas I used to shrug and
think "idiot" when a driver put me in peril, I now find myself imagining
dire violence and, vocally and with gesticulations, letting rip.

I'm turning into a bitter, enraged loon and live in fear of emerging
from the red mist to find myself kicking the bloody pulp that was only
recently a dangerous driver who cut me up and then made the mistake of
stopping.

Any tips on how to regain my peace of mind and revert to shrugging off
daily reminders of mortality?

I just use the most foul language known to man. No-one can hear me, but
I feel better.
Old February 2nd 05, 06:47 PM
Tony Raven

Not Responding wrote:
I'm having a bit of a problem with cars. Whereas I used to shrug and
think "idiot" when a driver put me in peril, I now find myself imagining
dire violence and, vocally and with gesticulations, letting rip.

I'm turning into a bitter, enraged loon and live in fear of emerging
from the red mist to find myself kicking the bloody pulp that was only
recently a dangerous driver who cut me up and then made the mistake of
stopping.

Any tips on how to regain my peace of mind and revert to shrugging off
daily reminders of mortality?

I just rationalise it by thinking I'm not going to let them add to the
insult by ruining my day with me fuming about what has just happened.
Ranting and raving will not affect them much but it has a big impact on
my day and I'm not prepared to concede that to them. Shrug it off while
making your point clearly.

Tony
Old February 2nd 05, 07:33 PM
JLB

Not Responding wrote:
I'm having a bit of a problem with cars. Whereas I used to shrug and
think "idiot" when a driver put me in peril, I now find myself imagining
dire violence and, vocally and with gesticulations, letting rip.

I'm turning into a bitter, enraged loon and live in fear of emerging
from the red mist to find myself kicking the bloody pulp that was only
recently a dangerous driver who cut me up and then made the mistake of
stopping.

Any tips on how to regain my peace of mind and revert to shrugging off
daily reminders of mortality?

Rip the head off an idiot driver and get it out of your system?

--
Joe * If I cannot be free I'll be cheap
Old February 2nd 05, 08:43 PM
Nick Kew

Not Responding wrote:
I'm having a bit of a problem with cars. Whereas I used to shrug and
think "idiot" when a driver put me in peril, I now find myself imagining
dire violence and, vocally and with gesticulations, letting rip.

Hang on ... you're a politician, aren't you?

I look forward to your party's position on the major cause of violent
injury and death in modern Britain[1]. Perhaps they can be kept under
house arrest?

[1] Speaking as a bachelor, domestic violence is not an issue.

--
Nick Kew
Old February 2nd 05, 09:40 PM
David Hansen

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 21:06:34 -0000 someone who may be "Tony W"
wrote this:-

Mind you, if I had caught Johnny Plonker in his BMW last week I might now be
in Belmarsh without hope of release.

The Labour Party reserve that for people who have not done anything.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.
Old February 2nd 05, 09:46 PM
Tony W

wrote this:-

Mind you, if I had caught Johnny Plonker in his BMW last week I might now

be
in Belmarsh without hope of release.

The Labour Party reserve that for people who have not done anything.

But they are dangerous foreign chappies so that's OK -- NOT

Old February 2nd 05, 10:15 PM
James Annan

wrote this:-

Mind you, if I had caught Johnny Plonker in his BMW last week I might now

be

in Belmarsh without hope of release.

The Labour Party reserve that for people who have not done anything.

But they are dangerous foreign chappies so that's OK -- NOT

Hey, a bogus terrorist has to be worse than a bogus asylum seeker, don't
they? Anyway, anything that nice Mr Blair says must be true, cos he
would never dream of "sexing up" the case.

James
by treading on the toes of giants.

pedal grab anger forrestunifreak Unicycling 5 September 9th 04 11:58 PM
Anger! Simonb UK 15 May 17th 04 02:01 PM
Peace Themed Jerseys? William Paling General 512 January 21st 04 11:55 PM
Peace Themed Jerseys? William Paling Mountain Biking 451 January 21st 04 11:55 PM
Cycle Event Director criminally liable for Competitor's death Snoopy Racing 78 September 10th 03 02:55 AM