What makes you feel old? (Fatty masters only)

Old November 30th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

Default What makes you feel old? (Fatty masters only)

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Nov 29, 8:52 pm, "Jim Flom" wrote:

You're allowed. The sculptures in that set are the work of my brother,
the
starving artist hippie in the family. They were on display at his alma
mater, the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts. You can see "s. flom"
carved
into the ass of one of them.

The sculptures are good. Reminds me of that prolific Norwegian
sculptor, whatshisname. The one with the whole park of sculptures.

Thanks. I'm proud of my brudder. Maybe you mean Gustav Vigeland. We're
half Norwegian, so it must be in the genes. Well, his anyway.

--
JF

Old November 30th 07, 09:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
RicodJour wrote:

On Nov 29, 12:11 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Well, that's amusing, but being old-school, I still think that sitting
in the living room and cleaning a long gun is the proper, traditional
way to greet a boy a-courting.

Was always a perfect gentleman myself, of course,

God, you must have been lonely!

Praps. Married seven years, though.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing
Old November 30th 07, 09:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

RicodJour wrote:
God, you must have been lonely!

Too drunk to be lonely.

Old November 30th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Nov 30, 4:13 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 29, 12:11 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Was always a perfect gentleman myself, of course,

God, you must have been lonely!

Praps. Married seven years, though.

Yes, I did notice the past tense when you were referring to your
gentlemanly ways.

Old November 30th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

RicodJour wrote:
The sculptures are good. Reminds me of that prolific Norwegian
sculptor, whatshisname. The one with the whole park of sculptures.

This is within the reach of anyone.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attra...Iconcrete.html

I have relatives that knew the guy. When he retired, his life
became consumed with buying sacks of concrete and and collecting
Rhinelander beer bottles as the raw materials for his creations.

Bob Schwartz
Old November 30th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

On Nov 28, 10:58 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
So this morning we're returning from our training ride (I guess it's a
training ride, although I haven't actually raced for a while) (but the
other
guys do, so does that count?) and after successfully contesting the final
sprint one of the guys is expressing surprise at my strength, to which I
explain that those who can no longer climb, sprint. After which he said
something like "You climb really well for an older guy."

Ouch.

I'm 51, he's 42, not *that* much younger!

What a sissy. Imagine the lines I'm getting at 63 when I do a long
ride and don't have any after effects while the young guys are crying
about their legs hurting?

There's the guys, Sean, who up until last year would show up once in a while
and try to mix it up in the sprints. He's in his late-70s now. Still goes
over to Ireland each year for a double metric century.

If there's anything I've noticed as I've gotten older, it's that I have a
lot more endurance than before, or perhaps it's just more patience that lets
me know that, if I'm not feeling great at the beginning of a ride, there's
no reason to let that bug me and wreck the day, because in all likelihood
I'll start feeling better as the ride goes on. And those young punks that go
flying off the front right from the start? Amazing how many of them you see
along the way, debris littering the side of the road (or camped out for
hours at a rest stop, trying to convince themselves to keep going).

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com

How long are your races or your traing rides?

Andre
Old November 30th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

How long are your races or your traing rides?

Andre

About 2 hours door-to-door, 31 miles, 3600ft of climbing. Rides, not races.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old December 1st 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article qLJ3j.11219$HH2.10067@edtnps82,
"Jim Flom" wrote:

"RicodJour" wrote...

Two things:
- I always thought you were a lot uglier.
- If the older girl is your daughter, you are hanging out on the wrong
newsgroup. Try alt.guns - skip the small weaponry and go right for
the assault weapons. Make it a point to invite any prospective
boyfriends in for a tour of your gun collection. "Do you know _why_
they're called assault rifles, Timmy...?"

I always have the application and Ten simple Rules for Dating my Daughter
close at hand:

Application for Permission to Date my Daughter

Note: This application will be incomplete and rejected unless accompanied by
a complete financial statement, job history, lineage, and current medical
report from your doctor. Please be prepared to submit additional
information like a psychological profile and polygraph test as required.

Name: ____________________________

Ken Shabby. I clean out public lavatories.
Next year I get a brush. HUUUARGH.
Sorry about gobbing on the carpet, Squire.

--
Michael Press
Old December 1st 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Sandy" wrote in message

I visited my son while he lived in a nearby town, and I remember no relief
in the terrain. Now that he's in Mountain View, and I need to visit him,
I'm silly enough to brink a bike out. When do you ride? And a polite
evasion will not be met gruffly.

What size bike do you ride Sandy? When you're here I wouldn't mind putting
in a ride with you.

Old December 1st 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
"Sandy" wrote in message

I visited my son while he lived in a nearby town, and I remember no
relief in the terrain. Now that he's in Mountain View, and I need to
visit him, I'm silly enough to brink a bike out. When do you ride? And
a polite evasion will not be met gruffly.

What size bike do you ride Sandy? When you're here I wouldn't mind putting
in a ride with you.

Yes, but will a polite evasion be met gruffly?

--
JF

Fatty Masters Results Phil Holman Racing 4 May 3rd 07 04:00 PM
Masters fatty = geezerjock? Mike Bruno Racing 1 July 17th 06 08:22 PM
One for the fatty masters. Michael Press Racing 0 May 19th 06 12:17 AM
Fatty Masters Bob Schwartz Racing 22 February 11th 06 04:56 AM
At least two of rbr not fatty masters yet Ewoud Dronkert Racing 3 September 21st 05 01:31 AM